Softmod Depot
April 28, 2024, 08:44:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Contest Prizes!  (Read 9975 times)
Torob
Jr. Modder

Fuckin Best

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2007, 09:14:45 AM »

Okay, me and the Dr. started talking about prizes,
and i guess we got somewhere

at first we thought, if we can get hands on money
we would make the contests more fun and rewarding
depending on how much we have, prizes could go on like a Xbox game, case mod, or something special, even something like a controller..
but then thinking of that, just like always, money isn't always there..

so, i think it would be nice, to give the winner its own rank,
like if you look under (or top) of my avatar, it says full member,
for those who have won the Sig Contest, they would get their own group, such as Siggy God or something weird and cheesy but yet powerful.

Another thing that could be done is privileges.
Not Mod or Admin wise but special pages are unlocked, or users will have access to special downloads or something along that track.

Tell me what you think Smiley

drfweega
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 03:08:42 PM »

I kind of think something like what files.halomods.com Graphics section has would be good. Now I only have to figure out how to do it.
Torob
Jr. Modder

Fuckin Best

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 04:38:12 PM »

How to do what? i looked at that site and its nothing special
just a bunch of people showing their work and a small contest here and there..

drfweega
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 06:36:21 PM »

Yeah but they have special avatars under there names that show what they have done.
Torob
Jr. Modder

Fuckin Best

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 01:59:04 AM »

oh okay yea, that sounds pretty cool
however its probably custom made, i wouldnt think something would be out there like that, i'll do a little search here and there

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 07:51:48 PM »

where a low budget community, we cant even afford to give you a cookie....all i can think of is that we make a special section with special items that winners can acccess.

drfweega
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 09:08:41 PM »

Thats sound good.. maybe a section with only certain files to access or something.
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 10:26:01 AM »

low budget community... well if people donated we wouldn't be. I've got a good budget... but i spend enough on this site per month. Donations have ceased, and I pay 100% out of pocket every month. Not that I mind, but it'd be nice to not have to.

Torob
Jr. Modder

Fuckin Best

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 03:06:22 PM »

Well i think our issue is activity,
sure we get new members, but lets say out of 100 members we get, maybe 1 is dedicated... enough to donate
now this is how i think of it, its not fact so dont believe me, but thats how i think it is right now..
i believe we need to step it up and make the site worth donating
now this coming from a unactive busy person that comes on every now and then sounds weird, but i think it should be done

To be honest to you guys all, if i came into this site, after a week or so, i wouldnt be convinced enough by it to donate at all..
Now i personally would donate, but hey im a student, i got no money, no cc to donate w/ , but it will happen soon and some money will eventually come to smd when i pull things together

but i want everyone here to honestly, go to the pages, and see if they would donate after a week...
you'll see what i mean

im not saying this is a bad site, no its wonderful and is managed wonderfully by great awesome members.. but it just needs to be a little more attractive you could say to make some members dedicated enough to donate

The new theme of the site is doing good so far and hopefully things will get better Cheesy if you guys think i said too much in this post and its crap, just delete it Smiley

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 03:11:03 PM »

so true!!!
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 04:04:22 PM »

I'm not sure what yachi's so true post is referring to. Agreeing? Disagreeing?

Anyway torob, You're probably right, but one thing we run into here... is we've taken something that used to be somewhat complicated, created very easy tutorials and very simple procedures for even the newest noob-iles (no offense of course) to be able to come in, grab what they need, and split without ever posting. We have our highest month of traffic ever already and we have a week left of this month. We're highly effective and people totally dig our site, but there isn't a need for them to sign up unless they don't get it.

The only way to fix that would be to force people to be active by giving only bits of information at a time which is  very lame IMHO. So this is as it stands, even the most inexperienced modder can come here and in a few hours grab everything he needs and be done. Because we're good at what we do.

So for that I'm proud. I have enough money to keep this thing up so no worries, but as always if anyone feels like donating, its appreciated, but not required.

As for the site being appealing, I'm not sure what else to offer man, we do one thing here, mod consoles. And we do that disgustingly well Smiley. Do you have other features in mind perhaps? As in expanding our services?

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 06:18:22 PM »

i ment wat torob said was true... i agree. but wat could you add? wat services can you provide that you dont already? wat can you do that isnt illegal?
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 07:15:28 PM »

Legality... our only draw back Smiley

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 07:17:05 PM »

not my draw back Grin haha
Pages: [1]