Softmod Depot
April 29, 2024, 11:03:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: softmod question  (Read 5805 times)
limpbiscut

View Profile WWW
« on: December 10, 2006, 02:03:49 PM »

if i softmod will i be able to play games that say PAL on it?

If your thirsty and in the middle of the desert follow a thirsty coyote
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 03:17:38 PM »

yes

Sig Built by BOOST

judhat2
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 04:48:03 PM »

I can't seem to play any PAL games.  Is there something special I need to do first?
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 07:57:53 PM »

are these original PAL games, like are u buying original PAL games from European places? cuz when i use bittorent there are some PAL games of which i :cough: "obtain" and as long as i extract them (if they are in ISO format) and patch the default.xbe file using Qwix (found in the FILES section of this site), then convert them back to ISO and burn, they play fine on the softmodded XB.

make sure that u are following the correct procedure when burning games from ur computer to DVD. also some XB's do not play DVD+R disks, so try using DVD-R, cuz that'll work pretty much all the time.

here's what to do when burning from ur comp to a compatible blank DVD using Qwix:
you can download Qwix from here ---> LINK.

- if u have obtained ur game from bittorent, chances are that it's in ISO format, so ull need to extract it in order to patch the default.xbe file
- open Qwix > click the LOAD ISO tab on the left hand side > click EXTRACT ISO on the bar at the top of the top part of the window
- BROWSE for the game ISO u wanna exract and extract the ISO to a folder on ur comp
- when extraction is complete close Qwix

there now ur ISO is extracted,to successfully get the game to disk, re open Qwix and follow this awesome tut by Boost.

start reading from "open Qwix, goto Tools, press "patch xbe""

HERES THE LINK tO THE TUT ---> LINK

hope this helps.

skip
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 08:15:59 PM by skip2mylou » Logged

adeelmahmood
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 10:13:56 AM »

one thing that I am curious about is that it seems like most of u guys have bigger HDD's installed on ur xbox's .. and In another thread one of the mods wrote that:
when you dual boot to Xbox live you must have stock HDD and can NOT use a copyed game (just a heads up)

i have had reports of some Not getting banned with a bigger HDD and some getting Banned

So try at own risk....
so if u have the bigger HDD, do you really switch ur HDD everytime u wanna play online
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 02:33:14 PM »

Yes.   there is even a way you can make a Switch so that you can just filp from Stock to Big HDD
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 03:47:12 PM »

I used to be a stock xbox hdd kinda guy and I'd make everything fit on that tiny hard drive.
I'd figure out ways to make games and more fit on there that were bigger than the harddrive.
Thank ZZK for always being there to brag about his big@$$ harddrives, HA  Grin
Now I'm a big harddrive kinda guy and life is so much easier with it.
I started small going to a 80 gig
then a 120
now I'm at 300 and looking for more.

I'm not  a Xboxlive player at all, I play Xlink for free instead.
once you get the hang of your softmod and know your xbox, changing harddrives or making new ones will be a piece of cake.
BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

judhat2
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 05:22:47 PM »

Thanks skip. It works now.  Do you have any idea what it does to the xbe file when you patch it? just curious.
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 07:38:50 PM »

glad that it worked for u, props to Boost for a neat little backup tut. im not too sure, but i know that when the Xbox boots the game, its reads the default.xbe file. from there onwards, im in the dark, but im guessing that patching the xbe makes it recognizeable by modded XBs. the MODs, id bet, would know the real mechanics of the whole patching thing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: