Softmod Depot
April 28, 2024, 08:55:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mugen  (Read 4838 times)
realg123
« on: December 10, 2006, 06:08:50 PM »

Has anyone installed Mugen on their xbox if so:

1) How fast does it run.
2) What do I need to install mugen on my xbox?

Thanks in advance

Take care
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 07:22:36 PM »

================
XBOX HD INSTALL:
================

XMugen WILL ONLY RUN ON MODDED XBOX’s!!!

Step 1.) COPY EVERYTHING IN THE E: DIRECTORY ON THIS DVD TO THE ROOT OF YOUR XBOX’S E: PARTITION.

Details:

Move linuxboot.cfg to the root of E: If you already have linuxboot.cfg in the root of your E: directory, just add the content of this linuxboot.cfg to your existing linuxboot.cfg)

Next, copy the “mugen” directory to your E: drive. (F: and G: drives should also work. I will continue to refer to the E: drive.) This will require about 3.5G of space on your E: partition. Make sure you copy the Mugen directory and not just the files in the directory. In the root of E: you need to have a directory named “mugen” which contains all of the XMugen files.
FTP transfer is not recommended (will take a long time). Try using something like XBMC to transfer directly from DVD to E:.

Step 2.) COPY DEFAULT.XBE TO SOME PLACE ON YOUR XBOX WHERE IT CAN BE ACCESSED.

Defails:

Copy default.xbe (found in the “F-Apps-Emulators-mugen” directory on this DVD) to some place on your xbox where it can be launched. F:Apps/Emulators/mugenxbe/default.xbe worked fine for me.

That’s all you need to do in order to play Mugen on your Xbox! Read the rest of this readme before diving in.

Step 3. OPTIONAL) TWEAKING XBOX MENUES
If you have disabled AutoAddItem or you just don't like Mugen showing up as "Linux", you can editing evox.ini to make the appropriate changes. More info on customizing XBox menus is available on line. I have also provided an example. Check out evox.ini in the C(example) directory. Do NOT replace your existing evox.ini with my file! This is just for referencing. The line I added is:
   Item "M.U.G.E.N.","f:\Apps\Emulators\mugen\default.xbe"

If you plan to do step 3. I recommend that you, first, finish reading this readme. Then, test run XMugen before editing evox.ini.

======================
RUNNING MUGEN ON XBOX:
======================

Find “Linux” (or “M.U.G.E.N.” if you did step 3) and select it. Wait for Linux to boot. This will take about two and a half minutes. Your screen will be blank for most of this process. Be patient.

When XMugen finally starts, you may need to answer F1. To do so, press the right analog stick. To answer Y, press the left analog stick.
You can avoid this by going into the Xbox dashboard and changing the date to before 2001.11.14. The changed date trick may not work if your XBox is on line.

To exit games and menus, use the back button.

Knows Issues:
XMugen is great, but it still isn’t perfect. Here are some things to look out for. These issues only apply to XMugen running on an XBOX.

• Sometimes the Xbox will crash while loading XMugen. Just restart and try again. This is pretty rare.

• To exit mugen (and crash), back up to the main menu and hit back one last time or select exit. Crashing is the only way out of this version of XMugen.
After exiting, you'll need to power off then power on your XBox.

• Pressing Left on the game pad while at the XMugen main screen will crash out of Mugen. Be careful.

• XMugen doesn't seem to support XBox SPDIF audio output. Analog out works fine.

=================
RUNNING FROM DVD:
=================
XMugen can run directly from the DVD without the need to move 3.5G of data to your E: partition.
Edit the "launch" file with notepad to have sleep 10 instead of sleep 1.
burn all the file from the archive on CDR-W/DVDR-W with ISO/UDF format (both).
I haven't tried this, myself.

Have fun! Long live the 2D fighter!

-AlphA
alphadog303@hotmail.com
BigMech.com

i found that on this page http://www.bigmech.com/misc/mugen/xmugen_readme.txt

realg123
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 09:19:49 PM »

Thank You
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: