Softmod Depot
April 26, 2024, 02:45:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: PS3 compared to 360  (Read 22698 times)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2006, 05:30:22 AM »

Well i see this little Ps3 vs 360 on www.gamespot.com and the set it up so you can see witch looks better 360 or Ps3

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html/

well they say ""Xbox 360 has better lighting while the PS3 has sharper textures""

But when i look at the Pics and keep switching back and forth PS3 looks to have the Better lighting with More of a realistic look then the 360

the 3rd pic down the one with the Car in it  the PS3 version looks Very realistic and more of a poping out "img"   unlike 360 where it looks alittle flat to me
and the Road on the PS3 looks to have just a little more detail then 360

BUT........  i Must say this Just becuz it is true And sad at the same time

Call of Duty 3  did look better on the 360 then the PS3  =(
But i think they just messed up on the site and got the pics switched around =)

But who knows =)

anyways  Need for Speed Carbon for PS3 looks at most 2 times better then 360 version

But then agin to me tony Hawks P8 for Xbox 1 looks the same as the PSP version to me LOL  (well not really)  but close =)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 05:51:49 AM by zzk2001 » Logged
drfweega
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 10:16:37 AM »

Geez, I am not even going to try to start those pics loading on dial-up. I will look at the later tonight when I am on Cable.
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 04:04:36 PM »

360 might have bright lights...but there not very well maintained. if you look at the second picture at the bottom middle, you can see that the bush gets cut in half by light. my thought on which on is goin to be better is going to be determined by which can do the best textureing and lighting effects. it looks like 360 is falling on both of those points by looking at those pictures. those cross platform games that are good for doing comparisons, 99% of the time they use the same models both consoles games so you can see who can have more poly's and the best texture. but ima wait for ps3 to have a price drop b4 i but it. 360 will do me just fine this christmas.

SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 11:51:15 PM »

I think both had good and bad. Some of the games xbox 360 pwnd. Like in Madden. Look at the close up of the jersey. Its super defined, you can see the sportswear vented shirt really well.. While the ps3 really shined on some games. All I know is I havn't played a 360 yet, however, I have played a ps3. Resistance Fall of Man on a 61" DLP.. my god.. I'd buy one. Smiley

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 11:54:14 PM »

theres one diff between madden for 360 and madden for ps3 and that is in the ps3 version you run "in" the grass not on top of it, its not just a texture your feet actualy have grass commin up around them. to me that is simple amazing that they did that right off the bat with ps3

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 10:10:04 PM »

The little details in games are what make them the Best (the one thang i hate that happens in All games is the Invisable Wall)

like in a raceing game you jump very high (outside) and hit a invisable Top!? i'm like wtf lol or go off road and you just STOP cuz the invisable wall out of no where stoped you =)

i love games that get in to Real details
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »

lol like games like call of duty and such use to be the worst but now hey have barb wire instead of just a invisible walll, i like my halo 2 cuz i dont have any invisible walls, i can walk all the way to the end of the skybox on all the levels(multiplayer). another game that had invisible walls that i remeber was mx 2002 for ps2 cuz there was lil holes that if you jumped off a ramp just right oyu woud land in the stands Smiley

SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 10:49:44 PM »

speaking of 360... im now the proud owner of one Smiley just wanted to say that.

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 12:04:33 AM »

haha nice? what version did you get?

SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 02:43:14 PM »

the premium. is that what you mean? w/ the HD the head set. etc.

So, what can I do with it?

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 05:13:28 PM »

yeah thats good i dont get the reason why they sell one w/o the hd, it should be one with less memory like the ps3, anyways with a firmware hack of the dvd drive you can play burned games. and when i was playing i found out that if your listening to music and start a game up that the music keeps playin and by pressing the selevt button( i think it was) you get a music player buttons to change songs pause repeat and such. but if your playin a xbox one game if the music is playing when you start the game you cant pause or stop the music, you have to exit the game and go back to the dash which i find pretty stupid. I also found out that some 360's dont work with xlink kai for some odd reason... last but not least you can sunign up if you have xbl gold for halo 3 beta testing on live in march go to www.halo3.com

SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 09:11:26 PM »

w/ the firmware hack... will it inhibit my ability to play xbox live? and how do I administer this firmware hack. I've heard about it but never looked into as i've only had an xbox.. is it hard? Teach me Smiley

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 02:07:58 PM »

firmware hack

how to burn games

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 08:02:33 AM »

i like both but i would get the ps3 over the 360

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 03:45:27 PM »

ps3 is just more capable out of the box. thats all here is to it, and to have all the features the ps3 has suck as wifi and the hd-dvd drive for 360, the 360 would be more expensive.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: