Softmod Depot
April 29, 2024, 06:54:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is it posible to ftp xubuntu onto the xbox?  (Read 3161 times)
pallmanni
« on: November 02, 2006, 09:23:36 AM »

I downloaded Xubuntu, and some other linux programs like xebian and xdsl but i have no interest in them, what i would like to do is to get xubuntu onto my xbox.. and i'm not sure how.. i know that if you want to burn the .iso onto a dvd disk you have to do it some special way and i dont know how to do that (and i dont have any empty dvd disks lying around) so i would like to know, can i ftp xubuntu onto my xbox and make it work? i know how to ftp to my xbox but i dont know how i would make it work to copy the xubuntu files on the xbox...
drfweega
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 02:44:01 PM »

If xubuntu has an Xbox Executable .xbe then you could FTP it to your xbox and then launch it as an app. Although I am not very familiar with Linux.
Syco54645

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 10:36:59 PM »

I downloaded Xubuntu, and some other linux programs like xebian and xdsl but i have no interest in them, what i would like to do is to get xubuntu onto my xbox.. and i'm not sure how.. i know that if you want to burn the .iso onto a dvd disk you have to do it some special way and i dont know how to do that (and i dont have any empty dvd disks lying around) so i would like to know, can i ftp xubuntu onto my xbox and make it work? i know how to ftp to my xbox but i dont know how i would make it work to copy the xubuntu files on the xbox...

just because it has x in the name doesnt mean it is for xbox  Wink.  xubuntu is a really minimalistic version of ubuntu using the xfce desktop.  it is seeming to lag behind the normal release schedule too
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: