Softmod Depot
April 26, 2024, 03:11:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Formatting a HD for addition to your softmodded xbox  (Read 6423 times)
Snider
« on: March 28, 2006, 09:36:35 AM »

This is not mine, I just wanted to post it up for others to use. (---- This was made possible from help from SMDepot and Softmods)

Enjoy, it worked for me in a bout 10 minutes!!!

1. Get your eeprom file, if you don't have a xbox softmodded from what I know it needs to be to get this file over FTP. It is usually in e:\backup or e:\dashbaord\backup after a softmod.

2. download xboxhdm1.9 - The extract the file to a folder on your PC.

3. Within the folder is a folder called Linux. Within that you will see the layout of drive letters ( C E and eeprom folder ). From your backup of your softmodded xbox, transfer the files into their coinciding folders on your PC.
Where it says eeprom, put your eeprom file in there ( DUH!! )

4. run the file called make-iso-win.bat in the main folder of xboxhdm

5. Burn the iso you just created to a DVD or CD-r depending on what size you have.

6. Hook up you HD you want to create for your xbox to your PC and make sure its the primary master. ( you should know what this means, change your jumper on the drive )

7. Boot from the CD-r / DVD you just created.

8. When you hit the menu select 1 to setup a new xbox HD.

9. Then you type xboxhd or whatever it tells you to type to set it up.

10. Now you will be presented with 8 options, you want to select 1 which should say something like "build xbox hd from scratch"

11. Say 'yes" to all of the questions. During this time it will format your drive C: , E: and add your eeprom file to where it needs to be.

12. Once this has been done, the formatting of your drive, reboot.

13. Now at the main menu select option 3 to unlock.lock your drive.

14. Type in lockhd -a

15. If this goes through you say yes and it will copy your eeprom quickly. You are DONE!!!!

16. If you get an error code, you will need to unhook your ide cable to your HD attached to your PC ( the one you are working on NOW ) and reboot. Once you see the menu you again, plug back in your ide cable and then hit option 3 again to do the lockhd -a step.

17. Once this is done again you should see that your done with a successful message.

You now have a xbox ready HD.

Its that simple.

If any questions please let me know as I just did this lastnight sucessfully on my first try !!!

To softmod your HD head over to http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=19 and follow that tutorial to get it up and running for games tec.

Have fun folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 11:40:01 AM by Snider » Logged
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 03:55:02 PM »

(not to sound Mad) But when have a Tut on how to Install a HDD in your xbox With and WithOut Softmod installed

we really don't need Dubbel posten
Snider
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 07:04:21 AM »

(not to sound mean but) To be honest zzk2001, you are very hard to understand when you type. Your grammar is horrid. This is why I reposted it. I posted this for some friends and people in the chat room who asked for it.

I am not mad if you want to delete it, I have saved it over on my site for future use for myself and people who need it.
drfweega
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 09:59:49 AM »

I think that someone should take them both and combine them.

I do agree with Snider .. there are some pretty big mistakes in zzk2001's guide. But don't get me wrong I would still choose zzk's guide over Snider because I know how much experience zzk has with... well ... everything.

So I think we should combine them so that it has *Great Expertise & Grammar*.
Snider
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 11:14:53 AM »

Since you guys are the pimps, let me know if I can help out with anything.

Thanks
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 12:59:01 PM »

me and My 5th grade spelling gets Me in deep Dog Poo Agin lol well i try to spell the Best i can and all But when it comes to thing like that well Yea i suck

But i can Make a Xbox HDD in My sleep with my Hands tide up =)

just hard to put it in words i guess
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: