Softmod Depot
May 01, 2024, 05:36:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions concerning daul-retail, LIVE, and uninstalling the softmod.  (Read 4577 times)
Slayer
« on: February 18, 2006, 01:07:59 AM »

Recently, I softmodded my Xbox, and I have a question.
I have already heard of daul-retailing, then going on Live, but since the files are still there, M$ can still pick it up.
If I uninstalled the programs and softmod (already know the procedure, did it once through gamesave exploit menu), would there still be a possiblity of me being banned while using the now-basically-stock Xbox on LIVE?
I am a very cautious person, I guess, and I always go by the "Better Safe Than Sorry" principle, so a response would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
jebus989
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 04:32:09 AM »

I have already heard of daul-retailing, then going on Live, but since the files are still there, M$ can still pick it up.

MS does not scan your harddisk for files - at this time - it will just scan for size, and different keys/eeproms. I personally have used live with dual retail for a while... if your modded, NKPatcher will block live access, so only when booting retail BIOs will you be allowed to connect to live. So, theoretically, you are safe to use live in dual retail mode, as long as you are not modding etc.

This works.

Another option, instaed of uninstalling your softmod, is turning it off. This basically a longer winded way of using dual retail mode...

It's up to you though...
Slayer
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 08:53:07 AM »

So I can't be banned whatsoever in Daul-Retail, unless I mod, say, Halo2, right? 
I really have no interest in doing that.  It all comes down to me wanting to play some homebrew and get some quality emulation on my TV.  DraculaX speaks wonders through performance.
jebus989
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 09:27:40 AM »

I can't say you won't be banned. I can only say it has never happened to anyone i have ever talked to that didnt mod...
Slayer
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 10:43:51 AM »

That's good enough for me!
Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: