Softmod Depot
April 27, 2024, 05:56:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Softmod questions; need some help....  (Read 4135 times)
Selayan
« on: February 04, 2006, 11:06:19 AM »

Well I have reading on the net and around this site, and how you can softmod the xbox. I have ha my xbox for a while and I have not used it so I figured I can softmod it. Well, I checked xbox-scene and I have found out that I have xbox version 1.1 since the last 2 digits of the serial are 05. I have dashboard version 5960 too. Now I have mechassault platnum, and splinter cell original, in the green case you know with the highest scores sticker of 9.6 or something. Now my question is, what program do I use? SID 1, 2, 3, or 4? Also will the action replay memory card work? Or do I need a Microsoft Memory card. Finding a Mega X key is really harrd, and I want to also buy a dvd burner for my pc, so does anyone know where I can get a cheap Action Replay (if it will work with 8mb provided card)? Or where can I get a cheap MEga X key if possible. Any help would be definatley appreciated.
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 10:34:56 PM »

get a action replay kit
use splintercell
get Krazies Ndure1.1
use the action replay to transfer Krazies Ndure1.1 to your xbox
load up the game
run linux will be a game save ( choose that one )
backup eeprom option ( please ftp the backup folder to your computer ) VERY IMPORTANT
install softmod option
reboot with game out and press "A" to continue the mod
pop the game in when your modded dash loads up
run the game, run linux again
choose extras, format F, and Dual retail option.
turn it off and take the game out and your done.
easy as pie
got questions? join us at http://www.smdepot.net/irc/chat.php we can help you 1 on 1

see ya there
BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

jebus989
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 03:13:13 AM »

On krayzies Ndure v1.1, the whole Extras set up is completely different. They now have to be FTP as apps or burnt to disk. Theres loads of useful tools there though things like F***MS, LED and Fan control, load gamesave w/o game, turn softmod on/off, dual and tri-boot selections etc etc.. To clarify, extras are no longer selected through the gamesave.
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 11:08:56 AM »

sweet

Sig Built by BOOST

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: