Softmod Depot
April 27, 2024, 11:45:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Softmodding A iPod (all besides nano)  (Read 8500 times)
K2skata
« on: January 29, 2006, 11:52:55 AM »

Ok, I just susessfuly softmodded my iPod. IT FRICKEN AWESOME. There tons of more games.  Like between 15-20+the ones you can download (there just homebrew)

1-Get the Files----
http://ipodlinux.org/nightlys/ (Scroll to the bottem to get the latest build)
http://ipodlinux.org/4G_Installer (These mirrors Suck. As soon as I talk to Xodus, they will be on softmodfiles.net)

2-Extract all the files----

3-Make sure your iPod is hooked up----

4-With the Kernal you un-zipped, rename it to Linux and replace the linux file in the installer folder

5-Run iPodlinux-installer.exe

6-Rename the dd/mm/yy Podzillia  to Just podzillia. Place it in the root directory or your iPod.

7-Place the start file in the root of the iPod. The start file is located at \ipodlinux\start

8-Safely Remove hardware and BOOM

9-You just sucssfuly Softmodded you iPod.

10-Thank Me For Writing This Tutorial

IF you happend to screw up, The software should of made a backup. And if you didn't make a backup, you can reinstall the Apple Firmware. The iPod is basicly Undistructable. If you get a blank screen after boot Install the 3.0 Firmware, and repeat the process above.

Any Other Questions?
Message me on mIRC
MIKEMAN
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 12:07:31 PM »

Nice K2skata!

Man, I think back to the days that I joined #softmods and I look at it now. Its like evolution.

AWSOME hack. Keep it up

MIKEMAN
MIKEMAN
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 09:26:11 AM »

K2skata,

Nice hack you discovered.... Wink

HACK'EM ALL

MIKEMAN
kingyiff
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 07:24:36 PM »

Hey,

Whats the advantage of softmodding my iPod other than games... I just feel that games are not worth softmodding my iPod for. I mean, that's why i have an xbox.. because i could play games on it. Not my 5inch iPod screen.

- dR fweega -
kingyiff
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 11:25:21 AM »

You have sold me .... I am going to try it later on tonight when I get enough time.
jebus989
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 02:17:04 PM »

like an xbox? anything i can think of?

afaik its just a mini linux, play games and videos. My friend unmodded his nano because it was so unstable and wierd. Besides, you cannot play doom 2 with just a scroll wheel.

Well you can but it sucks.

Elaborate on 'anything you can think of' because it sure as hell can't do everything i can think of.
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 12:56:27 PM »

Being I can mod anything but a nano, Im going to get started right now. Fyi, i'll be modding a Shuffle. If anyone has any tips or tuts about this let me know. Thus far I can only see one problem... I DONT' HAVE A F*CKING SCREEN. Maybe I broke it. Let me know guys, i appreciate any and all help...

SMD.

Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 10:12:26 PM »

skata i'm tring to mod this ipod30gig and well.... it's not workin for me. can you help me out, I've done it about ....5 times now and errrr i wanna throw this thing..

thanks
BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

pfat
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 08:34:18 PM »

Being I can mod anything but a nano, Im going to get started right now. Fyi, i'll be modding a Shuffle. If anyone has any tips or tuts about this let me know. Thus far I can only see one problem... I DONT' HAVE A F*CKING SCREEN. Maybe I broke it. Let me know guys, i appreciate any and all help...

SMD.

LOL,

i miss my 20gig, (it was stolen). Now all I have is a shuffle, I cant do anything but listen to music, but wait thats what i bought it for!
What exactly is the main benifit of having linux on it? huh? if its really worth it i might just have to trade my shuffle in....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: