Softmod Depot
April 30, 2024, 07:24:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: psp 2.5 has been hacked !!!!!  (Read 12798 times)
l1nk5
« on: January 27, 2006, 02:40:44 PM »

ok... this is the scoop fanjitas website he has hacked 2.5 .....2.5 owners can now play snes on their 2.5 psp now
for the scoop his website is http://fanjita.org/ go check it out if you dl the 2.5 update like an idiot like me

0_0 ttyl guys
jebus989
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 02:56:33 PM »

have you seen the size of homebrew apps/games/emus/roms?

You sure dont need a 4gig card for em

also this hack works on 2.0 firmware PSPs
MIKEMAN
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 11:37:35 PM »

Good work link,

I was waiting for you to post this, cause you were the one that told me (and I dont steal other peoples news)... Tongue

Just to confirm cause everyone knows that I tell it like it is

A programmer named Fanjita has claimed that he can run a memory exploit on GTA:LC. This is not the "hello world" app. He is claiming that he has SNES Emulator and roms working on it.

This is working with 2.0 and 2.5 firmware.

I have yet to find the source files or actually try it yet, though I havent really googled it yet cause I havent ran out and spent $60 on GTA:LC yet. Again, once I do this I will post a nice tutorial for the site. Unless someone like link beats me to it...

Keep up the good info link

MIKEMAN
jebus989
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 04:26:08 AM »

(and I dont steal other peoples news)

Was that a dig at me for posting it in news?
MIKEMAN
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 12:03:25 PM »

Link,

Nope

I just meant you did the research, you should post it in the forums... thats all

I encourage people to do research and post on our forums, thats why I like smdepot.net.

MIKEMAN
l1nk5
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 02:50:45 PM »

ok it has been confirmed i have tested is on my 2.5 psp and it works like a charm ..... i have about 10 roms some work some dont like we all know emulation is not perfect ...... also i have tested the sega genisis on my psp as well and it works also again some games works some dont like i tryed snes star fox 1 and 2 both are very laggy even if u mess with the frame skip most game are working doe if u need a website to dl these roms the website i go to is http://romhustler.net/ have fun my fellow modders ! ! ! !

till next time l1nk5

also about the 4gb qustion  hell no all u need is a standered 1gb mermory card thats it anything higher is totally up to ya...i have a 1gb card i have 1anime movie,kingdmohearts 2 intro you know to tease myself till it comes out and
the fanjitas loader with snes and abou 10 roms and still room to playwith stuff on my memory card ...

ttyl l1nk5

also if your looking for info and the dowoad files for 1.5 psp and higher look on fanjitas website only trust his website plz because there a files out there that will make your psp a brick {brick to turn your psp into a paper wait no go rock etc} so go there for his files only there will be a link on his website in where to dl the files u want also if you have 2.0 and a wifi connection check out psp radio for people who dnt know its a program for your psp ro get well radio from the intenet only if u have a conection near you as wireless router people well this is l1nk5 again telling you  go try it out !

ttyl

here that website i told you i was going to get ya http://fanjita.org/ have fun modding

here is the loader i am currently using on mine http://dl.qj.net/Homebrew-games-and-Emulation-on-PSP-2.50-Hacks-Exploits-Gaming-Consoles-PSP/pg/12/fid/885/catid/114

have fun
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 01:40:56 AM by jebus989 » Logged
Blink
Global Moderator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 12:07:29 AM »

That looks like a great loader!
If i had a psp i would definately use it.
MIKEMAN
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 10:19:18 PM »

Hey People,

Just a note that I will be trying this mod shortly, my g/f's brother has GTA:LC. I am going to borrow it for a week or so and see how the modding goes.

Link, couldnt catch you online.. did you stick with 2.0 (just in case) or did you go 2.5 or 2.6??

lemme know, and lemme know if you had any problems

Later

MIKEMAN
l1nk5
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 10:51:22 AM »

ok i went with 2.5 mikeman and it works great before i upgraded to 2.5 i had 2.0 and i didnt need the gta exploit to get the eloader going word of advice mikeman all u need gta for is to get into the loader once in there u can take out the game if u like to save battery life thats why i do anyways ..
l1nk5
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 10:52:03 AM »

and no i have not have any problems of at yet using the 2.5 exploit of gta
MIKEMAN
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 10:35:22 PM »

Link,

I just did some research on the new loader. Fanjita does a nice job of listing his progress, my hats off to him.

I think I am going to hold off on this exploit tho...

The main reason is that there is no UMD iso loader. I am hoping that they will add one, but if  I understand this complex message it states that with the way the exploit is ran it cannot tap into the primary kernel. UMD emulation claims that it needs to run off the primary kernel. This may mean that an iso loader cannot be made at the moment.

I hope I am wrong and I am just misreading the forums on pspupdates, but I have alot to loose if I sacrifice iso for a firmware browser and jpeg compatiblity.

I think I will wait for a supported iso loader, either for this loader or 2.0 or later.

Keep an eye out for me...

MIKEMAN
l1nk5
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 12:55:33 PM »

no mikeman and yes you are right wont have an .iso loader but i belive fanjita is working on it from what i heard
so yea.... stay with w/e u have at the moment see i had no choice but to update c ause i bought king kong the game
and it was a 2.5 we will all have to update one day on our psp if u buy games as well as rip em like me ...

ttyl l1nk5
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 12:11:30 AM »

hacking the v2.5 to run emu's is really no big thing

Now if it has a UMD or Fastloader for it and can run All version .iso games then thats a Hack

haveing Emu's on a system is no big thing i want PLayble Backed up Games to work Thats what i call a softmod

Not just being able to play Emu's i can  play emu's on my PSX,PC,Ps2,Xbox,GBA i really don't need Psp to play my OLD
NES, SNES roms

i am makeing a List for everyone on what games Work on a v1.50 Psp useing Fastloader and UMD_Emu
l1nk5
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2006, 09:06:54 AM »

well zzk maybe im just to old school for ya i love playing my old games on the go like punch out you probally dnt even know what that is lol maybe before your time heh but i love to play my old games such classics as narc,supermario bro 3, ff2 ,ff3, and alot others that did not drop in the u.s this is my chance to play them so stop raining on my parade dude . and if you have 1.5 poor poor you ..... cause all you can play is the 1st games that came out for psp ...like i always say one day psp owners will have to update cause there is going to be a game they want to play really badly and cant cause there stuck in 1.5 or 2.0 and from what i  hear  final fantasy game coming out next month for psp will have a 2.5 update and i dunno about all the ff fans out there but i think they shold update to play it heard its going to be mega hot

ttyl l1nk5
MIKEMAN
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2006, 09:51:48 AM »

I am actually with both of you on this one Smiley

zzk:

usually I would say that emu's are no big thing, especially for xbox and ps2 (television consoles). But wait... this is a psp, a handheld device. Pick it up take it anywhere, sit on the toilet. With the heaviest roms I have seen weighing in at over 1 meg, most are hundreds kilobytes I love playing these. It has nothing with me being old school and it has everything with me enjoying variety. I have approx 25-30 game roms on my psp along with 2 iso games. The ratio of roms vs iso is close, 60% roms 40% iso, but the variety is there. Thats what I like. Try loading up a shitload of roms and play some for a few minutes then switch to a different one. I guarantee if you keep a nice variety of roms on there you will go back.

My current rom favs

- Super metroid
- Sim City (SNES)
- Final Fantasy 3
- NHL 94
- Master Blaster (NES)
- Mike Tysons Punchout
- Karate Champ
- Super Street Fighter

Give these a try Smiley

link:

I did some more reading (why do I always read??.....anyways) like I said I will wait. I understand that you bought a retail game and updated and that is cool. I wish I had some functionality of the newer firmware, but not as much as I enjoy my iso's and homebrew. Funny thing is though... I dont ever see the psp getting old with people continuing to softmod it. Psp is awsome... take the other day that I happen to find psp radio... I tried this and holy crap, it rocks. I think psp is at least a 10 year shelflife so hackers will have their go. I am rooting for fanjita to pump out the code to allow iso, but till then mine does everything, but set backgrounds Tongue

MIKEMAN
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: