Softmod Depot
April 30, 2024, 06:00:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: transfer files with out ftp  (Read 7739 times)
jon182
« on: January 24, 2006, 07:02:49 AM »

is there a way to transfer skins, apps ect. to my xbox without using an ftp connection?
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 08:50:22 AM »

if you have some dvd-rw, you can put them on the cd in folders (unzipped) and use unleash, avalaunch or xbmc to copy off the dvd-rw to the xbox.

most xboxes don't read cd-r's
some will and some will read cd-rw
all of them read dvd-r and dvd-rw.

goodluck
BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

krypton junkie
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 02:53:11 PM »

if you have an action replay you can! All you have to do is unzip the save and create a folder called 'SAVES' where the '000000? - Slot?' folder is and place a duplicate folder  inside the 'SAVES'  folder called '000000? - Slot?' and add your files in there, then rezip. Your soft mod should have a explore section, now you can open the drive where your files need to go and copy from the mem card. I hope this helps!
jebus989
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 05:09:35 PM »

Hmmmm nice try but i think there will be problems doing that. Firstly, how do you plan to move the files from memory card to the correct place on your xbox? If you use Microsofts copy from memory card, they will end up in a useless directory. If i'm wrong, this is still a ridiculous way of transferring files. You have a file limit of around 1mb if using the softmod save to hide your files.

Disks would be OK but to be honest, fork up the $5 for a crossover cable.
kingyiff
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 09:13:18 AM »

If you are going to transfer files over to the xbox with the memory card then use UnleashX. It will display the memory card in as a H: drive or whatever drive that isn't already in use. Then you can transfer whatever you want.

I think the mem card has a 8mb space ... not 1mb.
jebus989
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 09:32:46 AM »

You have a file limit of around 1mb if using the softmod save to hide your files.
I think the mem card has a 8mb space ... not 1mb.

Listen dr fweega, you cannot transfer any old zip file onto your mem card, it needs to be 'hidden' within a gamesave. So if anyone is going to try this *silly* way of transferring files, you are going to be able to clear maybe 4mb tops out of the installer - and thats if you really know what you are doing.

Do'nt be scared of FTPing, you have a pc, hopefully an nic, maybe even a router...its all set up for you just plug the two things together.
kingyiff
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 09:35:27 AM »

Wow, that narrows it down to 4mb worth of information instead of 1mb.

I use ftp for all my transferring but shame on us for thinking outside of the box.
jebus989
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 10:05:30 AM »

*offers Dr Fweega a chill pill*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: