Softmod Depot
April 26, 2024, 10:05:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PS3 To Be Hack? or Not To Be Hacked?  (Read 5251 times)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2009, 09:57:35 PM »

OK so all us PS3 fans are going crazy over why the PS3 has yet to have 1 fucking hack out =) BUT is it a good idea to even hack the system?

"THE BAD"
1. 360 Fans that have hacked systems are getting banned on XBL so will this happen to PS3 users as well And would you want to take that risk just for some free games or Homebrew?

2. The Price!!! My PS3 cost a good 700$ (60gig version) and i don't know if i could jump into a hack knowing i could kill my PS3 if done wrong or just some random error happens, BUT for the Slim users i don't think that's much of a problem LOL.

Now i will say hacking the PS3 is not all bad =)

"THE GOOD"
1. Unlocking the full power of the PS3 on Windows or Linux

2. Unlocking the full power of the PS3 for homebrew (this would be so AWESOME!!!) Just think about it We could have Fully 100% emulaters like N64 or even Xbox LOL and maybe a 50% working 360 on the PS3 LOL (maybe not) but still fun to think of what could be.
(HELL maybe even a 100% working Wii emulater LOL)

3. The Homebrew games made could be so good that they are better then the Real games being made =P

4. FREE GAMES LOL "Nah i would never say or do that"  Roll Eyes But still good to try the games first and not waste 60$ on a Shitty game. (but then again you could just go to "block busters" and rent the damn game LOL

5. Custom XMB or CUSTOM ANYTHING, I don't know about you but Sony just does not get me, And the user interface SUCKS lol

OK well i could Go on and on BUT does the risk of killing that 600-700$ device out way the GOOD that could come with it?

And will Anyone start working on Hacks/mods for the PS3? With Dark Alex Gone and team GEN so bad at what they do What will happen  Tongue (yea i know they are for PSP) But i see the PS3 like a big over powered PSP HAHAHAHA 

OR
Will a Unnamed Jap dude come out of nowhere like they do every time with a killer Hack for the Ps3  Roll Eyes
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 11:21:24 PM »

I dont mean to start a flame war, but zzk can you explain to me why you hate GEN so much? They were new at first and had a lot of bugs but now they dont, from what i can see, they are the only way to play psp now. Also, i would not stand having to download 30 gigs for a ps3 game. If i mod my ps3 it would be used for emulators with hardcore filters like Super2xSai or something like that and fucking snes games played at 1080i. Thats right. 1080fuckingi.

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 12:03:34 AM »

OK well...
1. GEN just ripped off the coding of M33 then they tried and updated But could never get the coding right Thus all ther errors and even to this day they have MANY on top on many errors

2. 5.00M33-6 can still do EVERYTHING  Grin Yes i can play ALL the new games on my 5.00m33-6 PSP

3. i would never tell anyone to get GEN as the people on a system like Ta-088v3 or 3000 if bricked are Just fucked.

4.as for the PS3 and games they are not all that big lol Most are about 4gigs to 16gigs  and most people now have 14mbps cable lines so downloading a 20gig game only takes a few hours  Grin and as you may remember it was the same way back in the day with xbox games when we all where on 3mbps cable lines.
But in all i would say YES  nintendo and Super nintendo in "1080p" would kick ass lol
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 12:07:57 AM by zzk2001 » Logged
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 10:49:00 PM »

Dude that would be sexy to have 100% Emulators like N64 running on the PS3 but like you said their still no hack and we dont know the risk...
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 11:48:30 PM »

It would be fucking hard as hell to do anyway. There are like Steps of protection, there was one exploit that unlocked like the first step and then after that nothing happend. It is the most secure son of a *female dog* out on the market today, but having to be so secure, makes it harder to program for. For Example, if you develop a game for 360, chances are you are not going to port that s**t to ps3. different architecture and programing methods need to be rescripted. But if you develop a game for PS3 you should be able to put it into the 360 in only a month at max. The 360 is getting there tho. I have a JTaged xbox and it fucking rocks to be able to get MAME games on there and play games straight from the hdd. (Nostalgia from the xbox 1 days kicks in)

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: