Softmod Depot
April 27, 2024, 04:51:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 18186 times)
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 09:39:18 PM »

The full version is if you want a fresh install of Windows 7. Upgrade is if you have Vista and are bald from pulling your hair out being frustrated with it. And I don't know about System Builders. I THINK it could be more than 1 (or is it 3) licenses in 1 disk.

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 10:43:18 PM »

I actually have a question about windows 7 that I'm not sure about. My grandma asked me if I wanted A legit version of Windows 7 Roll Eyes and she wanted to know how much it is and I went on newegg and they have like 3 different versions one is one they say is a (Full version - Retail) another is (Upgrade - Retail) and last but not least the other one is (i pack System Builder OEM) what's the difference? because they are all differen't prices are certain things missing out of each operating system or something?

You want
Retail-if you got a blank hard drive and need an OS
Upgrade- means your computer has vista and you wanna upgrade
OEM- means that you already have Win 7 installed, and that little sticker on the side of !!ANY WIN7 Product Sticker!! PC will work on it =)

I use OEM disk for all the computers i fix, so no cracks, hacks and patches needed when your clients have that MS sticker on the side Cheesy

« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 10:44:55 PM by Snipes101 » Logged
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 12:30:31 AM »

that's really confusing lol I think it's dumb how they do there stuff. I mean don't get me wrong I love M$ but they just make there operating systems stupidly lol why can't they make there operating systems just one released disk like osx. osx doesn't do s**t loads of different versions, just one OS and one disk. That's what Microsoft should do and if they did they'd probably like them a lot more because things would be less complicated. people who are just trying to stay up to date with their systems wouldn't get so confused and steered away by it's complications of what they need or want out of an os.

P.s. I'm not speaking for myself I'm not confused with the different versions just speaking for the few that are out there and hardly know how to work a computer because it's not their forte like fore other people.

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 01:29:53 PM »

Don't worry dude, i hear you. just one disk that works would be great but ms wont give us that lol o well Tongue
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 01:39:48 AM »

Don't worry dude, i hear you. just one disk that works would be great but ms wont give us that lol o well Tongue

ha ha true that. but maybe they'll come to there senses ha ha. maybe they'll get the idea to actually ask the customers what they really want their OS to do.

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 12:10:41 PM »

Well my new computer here and so far so good =) I really think MS got it down this time, I've had no problems with any of my programs except one WinRAR for some reason some RAR come up as corrupt but when i check them on another computer they work perfect wired =/
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 09:31:20 PM »

is it the new winrar? if not try downloading the new one. I haven't had any problems with winrar at all

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2009, 04:06:55 PM »

Will do, ill see if that works

Edit: Yes, great the new one fixed it. Winrar and everything else work great =)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 04:32:22 PM by Snipes101 » Logged
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2009, 01:44:07 AM »

Will do, ill see if that works

Edit: Yes, great the new one fixed it. Winrar and everything else work great =)

ha ha sweet ^_^ glad I could help Smiley

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2009, 04:18:28 AM »

One of my family members just got a New Pc and Updated to windows 7 and they are have problems after problems LOL

first MacAfee will not install LOL
Then the computer started Freezing randomly.
THEN... now every time you try installing something to will freeze before it installs LOL Even the Windows Updates.

My only guess it because they did a Update and Not a Clean install, I did not want to have to format their computer and install it so i just told then to send it back to Dell and have them send it back with Win7 installed LOL  Roll Eyes   
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 02:51:48 PM »

yeah that's about what it sounds like but it also sounds like the stupid beta version and no not the RC or RTM the first actual beta ha ha Tongue I had just about all of those problems even on a clean install Tongue

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2009, 08:05:51 PM »

Yeah, its because of the Upgrade and not a Clean install. My friend had that problem as well untill he formated his HD and did a clean install
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: