Softmod Depot
April 27, 2024, 11:47:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New Windows 7 Rc  (Read 15404 times)
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« on: May 06, 2009, 10:39:09 PM »

ok sooo I've been selected as Windows 7 RC by windows and I want to know what would be a better version to get 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)? I have a processor that goes both ways it says and I have 3Gb ram and I have a DX10 Graphics chip. with I think 256mb video memory I think....I forget but which would be better to get performance wise? please get back to me asap anyone thank you Smiley

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 12:04:39 AM »

Ummm I think EVERYONE has been selected  LOL i got the same E-mail from M$

But Yea if you have a 64bit Cpu and more then 3gig ram I would get the 64bit version.
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 01:42:19 AM »

Ummm I think EVERYONE has been selected  LOL i got the same E-mail from M$

But Yea if you have a 64bit Cpu and more then 3gig ram I would get the 64bit version.

lol sure ruin all the glory ha ha jkjk Tongue well I'm trying to install it but I keep getting an error :/

This one right here

P.s. this is the 32 bit version

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 02:51:09 PM »

can't say i ran into that problem  Huh

maybe it's a Bad burn or download ?
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 03:37:52 PM »

can't say i ran into that problem  Huh

maybe it's a Bad burn or download ?

Well I downloaded it straight from M$I guess I can try reburning the disk. I used Nero 8or9, what did you use to burn it?

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 05:38:03 PM »

Yay $torrents$ lol i am in the process of dling now lol. well im getting a new pc finally and am gonna throw this on it for a while to see what its like then after the beta is over throw on xp black edition.

I like tacos.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 07:14:37 PM »

rattmansam
you do know it runs out 2010 and you will need to buy it =)
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 09:29:32 PM »

rattmansam
you do know it runs out 2010 and you will need to buy it =)

ok well I reburned and nothing so I'm gonna try a new dvd and if that doesn't work it had to be the drive right?

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 10:06:41 PM »

ok well I reburned and nothing so I'm gonna try a new dvd and if that doesn't work it had to be the drive right?
It could be the image you downloaded. I know it's from the Microsoft website, but sometimes it doesn't download right.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 02:58:05 PM »

It could be the image you downloaded. I know it's from the Microsoft website, but sometimes it doesn't download right.
nah it was the dvd I think my laser in my drive burned it or something but I burnt it to a new dvd and it worked so currently I'm on windows 7 RC and it is freaking sweet Cheesy it's a lot better than the beta...only problem is my Wi-Fi is being a little buggy I don't know if thats because of the new os or if it's the router.

XB
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 11:05:47 PM »

I've been using RC7 since tuesday, and I am impressed.
The only thing extra I had to do after setup was install the video driver.

Everything from initial boot to shut down is fast. Menus that were annoying,such as sidebar, and UAC are toned down. And extra features like the new task bar are nice.

Good OS, so far. I think it has a Linux feel to it.

XB

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 01:48:31 AM »

Looks like I have to try the RC out. The beta sucked, but maybe I'll be more impressed with the RC.

We'll see.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 01:00:15 PM »

Looks like I have to try the RC out. The beta sucked, but maybe I'll be more impressed with the RC.

We'll see.

oh yeah definitely better than the beta. Only thing is that the video card makers and whatnot need to really start pumping out new drivers for Windows 7 I can't really do anything that involves graphics power because I don't have the drivers for my card installed :/

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 03:06:23 PM »

InsaneTrout
New Drivers ??

I used All my Old WinXp drivers on the Windows 7 and worked 100%  that's why i like Windows 7 LOL
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 07:32:04 PM »

InsaneTrout
New Drivers ??

I used All my Old WinXp drivers on the Windows 7 and worked 100%  that's why i like Windows 7 LOL

yeah I have an ATI Radeon X1300/X1500 video card in my computer and ATI doesn't have any drivers made for windows 7 yet. I can't play anything because it's not reading that I have the capabilities to do things that I really can do. the reason I need to download the drivers is because I don't have them on a disk I don't know where it is. :/ I guess I could try downloading the xp version. I tried the vista version but it kept failing after the install so It wouldn't work :/

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: