Softmod Depot
April 27, 2024, 11:11:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal Mirra server question  (Read 6519 times)
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« on: March 10, 2009, 07:26:51 PM »

Ok sooo way back before I joined up on Smdepot my dad bought a Personal Mirra server. It's this right here http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.viaarena.com/images/articles/mirra%2520019.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx%3FPageID%3D5%26ArticleID%3D91%26P%3D2&usg=__LWJL1v4awExSdKNVdmpnMERDU-4=&h=768&w=1024&sz=597&hl=en&start=6&um=1&tbnid=5KWUnsZhQf32pM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3DPersonal%2BMirra%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DG%26um%3D1

Well my dads was he 200Gb version and I backed up around 40-60GB of data to it and then it locked me out with a password that I never set. well it's os is based off of redhat linux or something. would it be possible for me to take that hdd inside of that thing and put it in my computer to rip the data off of it without using any hacking programs? and I mean by booting to my primary drive (windows) and it would see the other drive as just another storage device?because youtube took down 2 of 3 of my Anime music vids and deleted the 3 vids audio that I had up for years like since 2006 and I think those vids were backed up on the server and I want to put those vids back up because people say they really enjoyed them. so yeah if anyone has any ideas please tell thanks a ton Cheesy

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 09:23:06 PM »

well, you can try but its gonna be a pain in the *** to take that thing out. I suggest to connect directly to it without taking it out of its tower

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 11:37:27 PM »

well, you can try but its gonna be a pain in the *** to take that thing out. I suggest to connect directly to it without taking it out of its tower

won't work you need the software to access it like that I believe. How do you figure it'll be a pain? from what I see in the pic there's just one screw that's keeping its hdd tray in.Undo that and it should come right out. only thing is last time I tried connecting an hdd like that with my serial ata hard drive in my computer my computer wouldn't even see that there was even another hdd connected in my computer anyone know why that would happen? are hey not compatible together? and the other hdd was not serial ata  it was whatever th other type of hdd is.

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 04:55:49 PM »

cause theres not that much space to take it out. Check your bios before you boot with it connected. Make sure that it is registered in their. If it does not, try messing around with the settings.

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 10:07:27 PM »

Hmmm i just remembered we have a nas(network attached storage 1tb) i have a limit of 500gb lol. So the mirra is like a nas? prolly umm and yeah prolly take out drive and slave it to pc.

I like tacos.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 04:21:20 PM »

Hmmm i just remembered we have a nas(network attached storage 1tb) i have a limit of 500gb lol. So the mirra is like a nas? prolly umm and yeah prolly take out drive and slave it to pc.

yeah it's basically like that ok I'll try it next time my dad is over and I'll let you know if it works or not. Thanks :]

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 07:01:17 PM »

it should work. Ive pulled drives from pcs before and slaved em to get stuff off em.

I like tacos.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 11:51:08 PM »

it should work. Ive pulled drives from pcs before and slaved em to get stuff off em.

well there is only two things I'm worried about. 1 it having redhat linux type of OS and the second that they aren't the same type of hdd's mine is serial ata and the one I need to get stuff off of is ide or  last time I put an ide in my computer my computer couldn't even see if there was an add there Undecided I'm wondering if it'll do it again Undecided

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: