Softmod Depot
April 27, 2024, 01:40:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Acer Aspire One  (Read 3984 times)
realg123
« on: January 25, 2009, 10:56:36 PM »

I recently formatted my Acer apsire one laptop. Installed Windows xp. Went smoothly. Installed the drivers also when smootly (at first i believe i installed the wrong video card driver, but installed the correct one after) After that I installed avast (never gave me problems before) I restarted the computer. The computer starts ( I get a green light) but the screen stays black.
I tried it shutting it off and restarting it many times. But still get the same problem.
Any help would be great.
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 12:54:41 AM »

I think it's the video card driver. Have you tried hooking it up to an external monitor? If it works, you may have to just install Windows over again. If not, I can guide you to installing Windows XP fresh without a monitor. Just hit me up if you can't get it working and I'll tell you every button you have to push Smiley

realg123
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 08:19:55 AM »

thanks for the quick response. I don't think its the video driver though. It doesn't even go into bios. also i tried hooking it up to a monitor still nothing:(
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 09:01:47 AM by realg123 » Logged
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 08:21:16 PM »

Well, when you turn it on, can you hear the sound of the hard drives and such? Not very experienced with laptops, but if you feel adventurous, reset the CMOS jumper on the motherboard. If you can't even get into you BIOS, then something F'd it up.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: