Softmod Depot
April 26, 2024, 03:25:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will any XBMC version work?  (Read 9293 times)
jjv3131

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2008, 12:21:47 PM »

Hi, I am new to this forum and new to soft modding. I have a classic xbox that I would like to softmod and I am following the instructions from another website that require me to have: An original (not a copy) of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell game, The Action Replay kit, and a home network router with a free Ethernet port and a network cable.

Well anyway, the two files that I need are : Softmod.Installer.Deluxe.v2.0.Xbox-Hq.rar (Which I already have), and XBMC-2.0.1-FINAL-FAT-T3CH.rar.

I am having trouble finding the XBMC download. So my question is can I use any other version of XBMC on this softmod? Like the ones located on this website?

Any help will really be appreciated, thank you.
realg123
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 01:44:35 PM »

Yes you can use any version of XBMC. You can download the newest XBMC from: http://t3ch.yi.se/
Also you should use the tutorials here, zzk has made a video on how to softmod.
jjv3131

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 07:04:33 PM »

Yes you can use any version of XBMC. You can download the newest XBMC from: http://t3ch.yi.se/
Also you should use the tutorials here, zzk has made a video on how to softmod.

Hey, thank you very much. Hopefully everything turns out ok. I also have another question there are two downloads in that website...which one is it?

Latest XBMC SVN build or XBMC 'STABLE' builds?
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 07:31:41 PM »

It depends on weather you want the latest one (SVN) with minor additions or the one that plays out perfectly (STABLE). Personally I take the SVN, but it depends on you mostly.

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
jjv3131

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 07:38:06 PM »

It depends on weather you want the latest one (SVN) with minor additions or the one that plays out perfectly (STABLE). Personally I take the SVN, but it depends on you mostly.

Oh ok, thank you a lot for the info.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 02:05:27 AM »

for the LOVE OF BOB  "DO NOT USE SID (aka) Softmod Installer Deluxe

Please Use this Way
http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=1202.0

(here's the files)
www.smdepot.net/zzk/Exploits/Krayzie_Ndure/Krayzie_SC-NTSC_Ndure_Installer_v1.1.rar

I just Hope i replied to this In time before you Make one HELL of a Bad Move.
jjv3131

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 09:46:19 AM »

for the LOVE OF BOB  "DO NOT USE SID (aka) Softmod Installer Deluxe

Please Use this Way
http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=1202.0

(here's the files)
www.smdepot.net/zzk/Exploits/Krayzie_Ndure/Krayzie_SC-NTSC_Ndure_Installer_v1.1.rar

I just Hope i replied to this In time before you Make one HELL of a Bad Move.

Lol...yeah don't worry. Why? Doesn't installer Deluxe work?
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 11:06:55 AM »

i don't like to go into all the reasons why SID is BAD  as it's to long of a List =)

http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=2101.0

for 1 many times in the middle of the install  you code get a Error and if you Do then your going to have one big mess to try and fix as you'll need to Hotswap and copy over etc etc etc

2. the way SID installs is all wrong and as you Use your xbox it sooner or later Brakes down on you Most likely giveing you a error 21

3. I have had to Fix more Xbox's with SID installed then i would have Like to LOL
(Even when you want to Uninstall SID It's does not work out Like you want LOL as in Some times it will Uninstall EVERY thing and just wipe the hole drive)
jjv3131

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 11:13:43 AM »

Oh....well thanks for telling me. Also one last question. In your guide you said that it CAN not be Splinter Cell ( Platinum Edition) I just bought one of the platinums for softmodding.....some people telll me that it can work?

Is there a chance this game will work?
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 12:07:59 PM »

Yeah theirs a chance, it worked on my friends xbox +4 using the Platinum Edition with no problems, but we still recommend the other normal edition. But if you wanna role the dice then go for it Wink whats the worse that can happen right  Grin
jjv3131

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 12:24:43 PM »

Wooh!....Lol. Thanks, I already have all I need...I'm gonna softmod it next week. I'm kind of busy this week. Let's see how it goes.
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 07:58:35 PM »

I have Mech Assault original and Splinter Cell Platinum. I can use both for modding. But the only problem with Splinter Cell is that I have to FTP the files over, I can't use the gamesave hack.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: