Softmod Depot
April 28, 2024, 03:43:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Partition Problems  (Read 4696 times)
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2008, 07:14:16 PM »

Ok well i wanted to reinstall windows and well i messed up, I had made a partition D: to place my back ups

well any way now that i have windows back up and running my Local C: has all my backup files and my Local D has my OS lol yeah wat a switch up

Now i want to delete my Local C: (aka where my backup files where) and merge it to my D:\ But heres the problem how do i change the Drive letter to C:\ and tell windows to start booting from their?
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 07:56:38 PM »

dont worry about that, it just reset the drive letter
just make sure you know what physical drive has windows on it (ie the Seagate has the OS, and the Maxtor is the backup)
then merge the backup files and remove the "Maxtor" drive and put the "Seagate" as Primary Master (or Raid 0 if you into SATA) and it will boot
C:\ is not the first drive booted Wink
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 10:24:53 PM »

no their isn't two HDD inside it just one Master drive with Two Different Partitions in side Cry

i did it so that when i went to install windows i just install it in the C:\, then the other partition(Named it L:\) would pop up and i have all my files back, but that didn't go so well it only gave me C:\ and E:\ i dont know how many MB is wat lol so i shot and missed  Angry and know i have this problem
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 10:27:26 AM »

well do you have enough space on your windows partition to transfer all of your backup files to it?
once you get it clear, use windows disk manager to delete the backup partition
thats it
dont worry about the drive letters, they have nothing to do with what boots first
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 12:43:39 PM »

Sweet thanks, worked like a charm, have everything up and running the way i want it  Grin
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 02:08:38 PM »

anytime
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: