Softmod Depot
March 19, 2024, 04:09:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: A NEW BEGINNING FOR SMDEPOT  (Read 100223 times)
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2008, 12:07:08 AM »

Post your new ideas, comments or thoughts here of what should become of the hopefully new Smdepot to come  Grin

Here are some examples:
-more tutorials about the 360, Sony Products, Nintendo products, etc
-Keep up with the News
-updating and reorganizing files
-new look for Smdepot
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 12:32:50 AM by Snipes101 » Logged
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 01:39:59 AM »

I personally think we should broaden our horizon. I think we should help with more then just consoles and pc's our off topic section is by far our biggest section, i believe having our forums setup to a setting like this will be better for atleast now:

-main forum index
     -Consoles
          -Xbox 360
          -Xbox
          -PS3
          -psp
          -wii
          -ds
          -past hardware
     -PC
          -Windows
          -MAC
          -Linux
     -Recreation(non pc/console related)
          -Cars
          -sports
          -tv
          -movies
     -Personal
          -introduciton
          -personal talk
     -all other junk(off topic)

Thats just a generalization on how we should redo things, other sites have began to stretch out to its users and not just be about consoles and pcs anymore. I love the way the site looks now, its the best its looked, but i think we also need a more general theme for the site, the site  have a xbox theme to it, and that is not what this site is just about anymore.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 07:13:38 AM »

i think we should be able to choose a theme, as an option
as far as the tutorial section goes, all of the tutorials currently in place have become somewhat outdated, or they have been refined ways to make it easier to do, and GRAMMAR should be more forced (lol zzk) so we can rewrite the old tuts to be more accurate and grammatically correct.

i have several that are already on this site that i know of that can be added
- Using the Wiimote on PC
- Softmod PS2 (its old but it WORKS)
and a few more i can find if i look

and if anything we can rip tutorials from other sites giving them full credit until we have tried it to write our own tutorial of that topic

just my thoughts

PS SMD is supposed to grant me access to the tutorial section, but its easier said than done i guess, plus i havent really been pressuring him...... WELL BRING ON THE HEAT!!!!
realg123
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 08:25:37 AM »

How about uploading movies:). I have about 250 movies, and I could upload 2-3 a week or something? Anyone interested?
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 09:40:32 AM »

yeah thats a little to much on the illegal side.. lol
actually SMD just doesnt have the bandwidth for it (it cost alot of money ya know)
i think we should stay away from uploading media thats copyrighted, this place will get shut down (i know from exp.) but great idea
keep them coming

PS realg123.. how much would a drive cost thats filled with say.. about 250 movies..?

lol JK Wink
realg123
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 10:38:59 AM »

not uploading to the smd site, but through gmail, i could give out passwords, and usernames and people could download away?
Its a 500gb hard drive, I still have about 60 gigs left. It will cost about $300 lol just jokin
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 01:19:11 PM »

What we need is updated tuts, more files on the file section, and more news on other consoles. This is Softmod Depot.... not xbox softmod depot. Now, i would ahve been posting news, but for some reason, my account doesnt log in anymore. another big thing is getting out in the internet. Youtube is seemingly where everyone that knows this site comes from, but we need more people from other places. Sooner or later, I see this place as how afterdawn is now.

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 03:04:54 PM »

well mainly the ppl who watch my youtube videos come here as i tell them all to go to smdepot.net =)

Any way I can't Make 360 modding videos as i don't have One and thats really the #1 question i get asked IS how do i mod my 360 etc etc BUT i don't have one.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 04:25:54 PM »

360 doesnt have a softmod does it?
if it doesnt then its not in our field yet.

PS a flash is not a softmod
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 04:38:42 PM »

360 doesnt have a softmod does it?

Nope just flashing and maybe some homebrew i believe
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 07:25:45 PM »

Well i would call Flashing the DVD drive  a softmod  But thats just Me  i mean your Not doing any Hardware modding.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 09:57:44 PM »

Well i would call Flashing the DVD drive  a softmod  But thats just Me  i mean your Not doing any Hardware modding.

dude you are flashing the drive.. thats completely physical LOL
not that it really matters but yeah anyway i mean a harddrive mod for the 360
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 02:11:44 AM »

you have ot take the thing apart to flash it as well, kinda hard to take the 360 apart with software.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 10:26:33 AM »

your so missing the point  Angry

1. to siwtch out the HDD in a Xbox 1 you need to open it.

2. flashing is More on the Software site then anything, Yea you got to open it BUT that just a Small thing to getting a 360 hacked.

3. for Me a Hard mod is Only Where you Must install a Modchip, But i guess that was just Me

4. Anyway WHO says we need to Stay within just softmoding  I mean come on this should be just a Modding site  not Just a Softmod only Site.
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 10:46:05 AM »

This is just me but we should make this kinda like a myspace  but for like modders and people who want to learn about modding with like the ability to upload vids and watch em like youtube and such but like you can make different sections for the vids like and stuff,Their would be like different sections and stuff too like there would be vids and sub category's for like 360,ps3,pc,funny, etc etc and like yeah I dunno thats just my idea.

oh an I know a lot of you will disagree with me on this but I think you should make it kind of windows vista like, like I mean with the glassiness and see through colors and stuff.

Most definitly we need a new layout look though.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 10:48:01 AM by InsaneTrout » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: