Softmod Depot
April 25, 2024, 09:00:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Emu's...... opinions... comments.....  (Read 11483 times)
RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

bababooey bababooey bababooey

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2008, 03:49:24 PM »

OK i thought id start a topic were we could all point out the plus and minus of the emu's out the...good and the bad...so that it thats some guess work out of it

ill start.....

???any comments on which N64 emu works the best?!? i see lotss...im jonesing real bad for some mario cart 64 and both zelda's for n64.

???and anyone hear if there is a Dreamcast emu out there? Huh Huh Huh

thanks guys for checkin it out and any comments you leave here
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 07:13:49 PM by SMD » Logged
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 06:16:53 PM »

Project64 is by far the Best N64 Emu for PC 
(Note you MUST have a High End PC around daul Core 3.0ghz or Higher)

i say it about 90% ON all GAMES   a VERY VERY good emu =)

RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 06:23:37 PM »

Shocked project 64....how about for the xbox? which one is the hot one....i understand that they all wont work....but ill be happy with 50% and better

which would be better....memory or the cpu....my pc isnt to bad as far as cpu....but the memory could be larger

anyone know about an emu for xbox for the jaguar? Huh
RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 06:30:42 PM »

Huh there are like 6 n64 emu's.....oh the choices...what to do what to do!
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 04:17:46 AM »

NO N64  emulator will EVER work on a Xbox at a Good Speed  (Sorry)

the xbox is a 733mhz system SO... yea it does not have the power to Emulate a N64 at full speed.

Remeber Nintendo Custom makes there CPUs for that System And it's Not just 1 CPU on the N64
(and it's not like a Computer)

and When emulateing you must have ALL processing CPUS,GPU,RAM  of the system Emulated On the 1 CPU your On at the time.

What that means is  ALL the Power of that system is trying to run on 1CPU  Even if that CPU is 4 times better it does not mean that it will emulate the Emu at 100%

Think of it this way the Super Nintendo is a "16bit" CPU  YET, on a 333mhz CPU it still does not run at 100% BUT on a 733mhz CPU it Does run at 100%

WHY?  well the Super nintendo is Not just 16bit it's.......

CPU 16-Bit CPU MEMORY Work RAM for CPU: 128 Kb Video RAM for CPU: 16Kb PROCESSOR 16-Bit PPU (Picture Processing Unit) APU (Audio Processing Unit): 8-Bit (main sound processor) producing 16-Bit sound COLOR Maximum colors on one screen: 256 Total colors available: 32,678

ALL of that needs to Run a 100% power on the CPU of the Computer or System your emulating it ON.
RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 07:08:57 PM »

oooooooooooh word! i hear you!
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 07:46:49 PM »

umm my xbox runs most n64 roms at like 40-45 fps so i think thats like 90% so yay

I like tacos.

RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 01:34:49 AM »

like i said from the word go....im jone'sing for zelda 64.....and mario cart64 in the worst way....if there's a emu that is better for the n64-xbox thats better then the next im all ears....i am aware it wont look exaclty like the n64.....eather wont play them all? or wont run as quick? eather one im ok with....if it were so bad/ will be so bad ill buy myself a n64....which wont happen lol..... Roll Eyes

anyways anyone hear bout dreamcast emu for xbox?
n33no
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 03:43:28 PM »

Surreal64xxx_B5  is the best to play N64 games on Xbox

you can get it here http://rapidshare.com/files/77867448/Surreal64xxx_B5.rar
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 04:25:57 PM »

yeah zzk means at full power for games and stuff
the emus built for xbox's lower the quality (some of them do) so say you are running PAL 25fps game, it might drop every 7th frame to pick up some speed, and minor tweaks like that, basically unnoicted stuff unless you are running them side by side

PS: just on this note, an SNES emulator CAN run on a GBA or DS BECUASE the arcitect of the snEs and GBA\DS is very similiar to the SNES allowing alot of strain to be lifted of the one procesor
basically they can remap the SNES RAM to work with the GBA RAM, GPU to GPU ect ect meaning the CPU doesnt have to emulate everything

and a UFO on LSD took the RAM out of my PS3
(fun with acronyms)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 04:29:00 PM by GamezR2EZ » Logged
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 12:31:28 AM »

I've been playing them (N64 roms) on my PC using my 360 and Project64 and they work mint. Like ZZK said, probably over 90% of them work. The Xbox however, just doesn't have the processing power to emulate them properly. The only things I've been able to play are the lower end ones like Tetris 64.

I've been waiting to test out the DOS emulator with some things like Tex Murphy. That'd be pretty sweet to play on the 360
RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 01:44:12 PM »

Shocked Shocked
wow thanks for all the info guys!!!

well satan....i love my 360 so much....that i could bring myself to mod it....atleast not at the price i paid for it....maybe in 4-5years.....and as long as 60% of the n64 games play on my xbox ill be in heaven....its just that right now all i have is nes and snes on my xbox....ive downloaded gameboy/gameboy color/gameboy advance......and sega master/32x......but the two of them...arnt as high on the list like n64.....any sudjestions on emu's for them?!?!

all you guys rock...thanks ot the sharing of information....ive been able to do things i couldnt have done on my own.....thank you all!
RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 03:39:25 PM »

ok has anyone heard of emu's for the xbox from

-dreamcast
-playstation
-saturn
-neo-geo cd
-atari jaguar
-atari jaguar cd

also.....n00b question.....not that you would do this...this is just hypotheitical...would you go to blockbuster and join there gaming club $30 a month and a game a day

or is there a way to download them online? cause alot of my fav torrent sites have shut down in the last few days.....any help would be super!!!! Huh
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 04:39:39 PM »

-dreamcast  NO never
-playstation YES
-saturn YES
-neo-geo cd  YES
-atari jaguar IDK
-atari jaguar cd IDK
RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 06:30:44 PM »

no never.... Angry Angry Angry

that blows monkey balls.....oh well i guess ill make a pc just for that lol Wink Wink
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: