Softmod Depot
April 27, 2024, 07:19:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dont get the solderless spyer chip  (Read 5675 times)
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« on: October 07, 2005, 11:28:12 AM »

what a peice of crap.
everyone I've talked to about this chip has said it's junk
it will work and it's not that hard to install
BUT,
it's poorly made.
the "spyder legs" are too weak and you have to make them bend in agles that will break them
I've even see it come in the mail broken! and it was packed decent.
anyways
I'm not hating on all chips, jsut the cheaply made ones
and the big name brand chips are jsut as good as the less expensive chips.
some features might not be on the lesser chip, buy hey you can play all the same games with it

steer clear of the spyder chip
BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 11:52:57 AM »

I broke my very first Xbox trying to install a solderless spyderchip in my 1.6 Xbox. Didn't go so well. I was required to strip out this cement green goup crap out of these tiny holes so the "spider legs" would insert. No good. That ish doesn't come out. Cut thru like 4 connections, which obviously prevented the xbox from turning on.

No worries.. Walmart is the best place on earth. They took it back no questions asked... and replaced it for me. So that led to the founding of the Soft Mod Depot. Decided... why break it and take it apart when I could accomplish the same thing... for free and with half the hassle. Now i've softmodded probably a million and a half xbox's and you know...... i have no regrets Smiley

That's my story and im stickin to it.

I still have a spider chip here too.... I love the case though. It's killer. Smiley

kingyiff
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 12:42:52 PM »

Spyder Chips suck very badly!

I havent used any but my friends have them and they work only 1/2 the time. I have my Xenium ICE which i now use to  install all of my friends new hdds after i softmod their xboxs using my mem card and mechassault!

yeah baby
TehTriggerman
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 09:47:08 PM »

I can confirm this as well! I just spent a better part of 2 days trying to get a SpiderGX to Boot up. What a piece of Crap! It never would seat and as a Super bonus, NO INSTRUCTIONS. Im going with ICE. But im afriad to spend another 65.00 bucks and watch it work like a cat turd.
kingyiff
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 11:03:08 PM »

No need to worry TehTriggerman because the ICE works perfectly. I def. recommend that chip for everyone's xbox.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 05:42:08 AM »

Just Think SMD if Spider Chip was not so Bad you would Have never Made this KIck ass Site =)
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 11:05:04 AM »

I totally love Cool Ranch Doritos and Hot Nacho Cheese

Don't hate it till you try it
it's adicctive too!

but this chip is WAY better than the bad tasting spyder chip.. it tastes like an old penny that was in your great grandpas old workboots with the mothballs still in it..

I'd go with the Nacho Ranch Doritos

BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: