Softmod Depot
April 28, 2024, 01:48:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flashing an xbox BIOS  (Read 8706 times)
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2008, 04:54:13 PM »

I have a softmodded xbox that as far as I know, was flashed with an EvoX bios from an owner who didn't realize the boot disc he was using was for chips and that there wasn't anything wrong with his xbox to begin with.

Anyways, the xbox now boots into a minuscule Evox with just Launch Disc and System settings as the two options. I can get around it by launching another disc with boxplorer to access the hard drive, but I was wondering if I could reflash the bios with a retail one from another xbox. And if I can, what program would I use, and does the bios have to be from the same version of xbox or can a 1.5 BIOS be used on a 1.1 or 1.2 box?
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 08:23:29 PM »

just try a new dash install man duh zzk2001 boot disc

I like tacos.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 09:14:42 PM »

you cannot flash a softmodded xbox's BIOS
what you are seeing means your main .xbe file for the dash you had is messed up
FTP over a new dash OR use a restore disc
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 08:12:26 AM »

That's the thing, I did a completely new HDD for it and it's still doing the same thing.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 12:21:39 PM »

That's the thing, I did a completely new HDD for it and it's still doing the same thing.

Yeah you would need to FTP a completely new dash to the E:/Dashboard folder.
Or use Zzk2001 CD
And if all else fail restore the xbox back to stock and resoftmod it Cheesy
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 01:13:24 PM »

Guys, I don't think you're getting it. I wrote a brand new hard drive using stock C files and a completely empty E, locked it using the eeprom and put it in. The xbox still boots into this Evox screen with only two options.

So in other words, I completely removed the old hard drive, so it has nothing to so with any dashboard files whatsoever on the hard drive. I replaced the old one with a new hard drive with untouched, stock C files. 

It's almost acting as if it's been TSOP'd but from what the guy tells me, he just ran a boot CD and from there, he screwed it up. Aside from that I have no other info as to what he did to screw it up. There's no chip in it and the old hard drive has been removed.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 03:52:48 PM »

ok well you CANT flash a non chipped xbox, so thats not the problem
i looked into doing that a while back, you just can't do it

Does it boot without a HDD?
Does it boot to a blank HDD? Locked\Unlocked?
Where did you get the stock C\E drive files?
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 05:33:20 PM »

umm tsop the board again and reflash it with a boot disk

I like tacos.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 05:51:44 PM »

you CANT flash it
he never did flash it, it can't be done under any type of normal circumstance
and you cant flash it with a bootdisc EVER
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 10:50:07 PM »

you CANT flash it
he never did flash it, it can't be done under any type of normal circumstance
and you cant flash it with a bootdisc EVER

True that bro, you can NOT flash a softmodded xbox on its own, you can though, but only with mod chip can it be accomplished Grin
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 06:09:32 AM »

I checked over the new HDD and I accidentally used his backup C folder for the god damn xbhdm ISO instead of the stock C files which were labeled as such which is by far the most retarded mistake I've made yet. So I took one out of another box I upgraded, locked it for the box I was working on and it worked, it booted right into UnleashX. So suffice to say I didn't spend even half the time I should've, checking everything over.

I am still pissed off however about my modchip or rather the solderless adapter, because I snapped the F..ing d0 pin. I could simply solder a wire to the point it broke off and then solder a piece of the pin to the end couldn't I? I figure the wire would be easier to bend than the pin was.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 06:30:40 AM »

yeah you can run a wire
just need it to connect, thats all

and yeah i figured it was something like that, i always hate wasting time when its like.... THATS ALL I HAD TO DO?!?!!? lol
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 02:46:33 PM »

I was so pissed when I looked at the folder. And my backup PC for prepping HDDs died. So now I have to find some old ass parts and make another one.

I'd still like to know what the hell that guy did because before I ripped the HDD out and swapped the new one, I deleted the entire C, wrote over it, deleted all of E and F and it still booted EvoX. But then I swapped HDDs from another box and it booted UnleashX. Voodoo and trickery is afoot. anyway, it's over now and I didn't punch it in the face
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: