Softmod Depot
April 29, 2024, 03:50:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can some 1 plz help me with modding  (Read 7608 times)
sfger
« on: February 25, 2008, 01:52:07 PM »

OK i have a few questions about moding i couldnt find an answer for on the boards...
#1 is there a way to mod your axbox without any expansive stuff? (or for free that would be great)
#2 is there a way to place mods on an xbox360 memory card that has your profile on it?
#3 what is the diference between soft moding and there other kinds of modding(cant rember exact name)
#4whats the easiest/cheapist way to upload/get mods from your computer to your xbox360 and is there a way to use the media sharing thing to upload it?
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 04:36:05 PM »

Hello, Greetings, Don't Do Drugs, etc.

#1 is there a way to mod your axbox without any expansive stuff? (or for free that would be great)

The rest of your questions are geared toward 360 so I'm assuming this is as well. If you have Xbox questions (not 360) check out the rest of the forums, there's tons of stuff. You can mod your Xbox360 for free, the only mod that you can currently perform is a Firmware hack that allows you to play backed up games. (Search the forum for more info)

#2 is there a way to place mods on an xbox360 memory card that has your profile on it?

Sadly, no there is no way to do this.

#3 what is the diference between soft moding and there other kinds of modding(cant rember exact name)

Softmodding is when you leave the consoles hardware intact and simply modify the software to make it do what you want. Hardware mods are when you actually add or remove hardware to achieve the desired results. Such as a Modchip or something similar.

#4whats the easiest/cheapist way to upload/get mods from your computer to your xbox360 and is there a way to use the media sharing thing to upload it?

There really isn't a way to do this. Xbox360 cannot yet be modded and used like a regular Xbox. Sorry Smiley

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 05:02:01 PM »

uhhh what he said lol, i agree Cheesy
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 09:34:05 PM »

Softmod = software
Hardmod = hardware

Smiley a little more simple then SMD's post, but SMD is right on the money about it all. Smiley

sfger
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 05:16:18 AM »

well there are ways to mod 360 (iv been googling it) but most of them involve taking apart your hard drive and i dont realy wanna do that , also whats the diferece between soft mod and hard mod as to what they allow you to do?

p.s. i read about somehting invovling a jump drive that if your clear it and you plug it into your 360 (i dont know which slot) that it will do soehting to it so it converts the files you put on it so the 360 accepts them as its own, and thus you can transfer certian mods using this unfortunitly it was rather unclear of the rest though and i still dont full understand

P.P.S i suck at spelling Tongue
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 08:54:48 AM »

360 modding is kind of like Hard moding and Softmoding at the same time  BUT not really =)

when moding the 360 you got to open it to get to the DVD-Rom so you can Softmod it By Flashing the DVD-Rom with a CFW (Softmod) so you can load backup games,etc ect

No matter What way you do it It comes out the Same, you Want to flash a CFW to the DVD-Rom so you can play backups
sfger
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 03:57:46 PM »

i porbably should have mentioned this b4 (dont know if it matters) but im only intrested in moding halo 2
and i found a tut to soft mod(i think its soft mod) but it involves taking apart your hard drive, which im kinda willing to do but im defintly not messing with the 360 itself, you know the expensive part,
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 04:57:14 PM »

halo 2 is modded for the Xbox original.......
i dont know if it can even be modded on a 360, but i could be wrong
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 07:31:35 PM »

the only way i can see modding Halo2 on 360 is Buy modding the Maps Befor burning them to DVD.

and to read the DVD on the 360 you'll need to Flash a CFW to the DVD-Rom of the 360.
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 10:14:29 PM »

They are talking about modded maps on the 360 hdd using a special transfer kit. So you can hook your 360 hdd to your pc and replace the extra maps that can be downloaded on xbl on the hdd and have them modded. This requires no mods to the console, just the fact that you have to buy one of the many kits to hook up the hdd to your pc. You would be amazed at how much some people have payed to have these modded maps on live, One guy spent $80 just to have the racetrack mod on that one ice level (forgot the name it has been so long).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: