Softmod Depot
April 27, 2024, 12:28:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING: downloads (a must read)  (Read 15290 times)
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2008, 11:55:21 PM »

possibly with in the next year or so the us legislature may be adding a new law that prohibits the illegal download of many types of files such as but not limited to movies,anime,tv shows,games,and other copyrighted material. this is due to what has been happening in europe over there in many countries if you download illegal material you get an email you that your internet service will be terminated, then if your downloading continues they will cancel your internet contract and or attempt to stop people from providing internet to you. so this is a very early warning this is possible so keep watching the news and track the laws as they are passed.

this is no joke it is very possible i am very serious about this issue so download all your favorite movies ,games, etc. now !!!

I like tacos.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 06:30:43 AM »

This is true BUT then again this has not just Started..

truth be told they been doing this for Years Only problem is No way of trakeing Who is downloading illegal stuff.

This is why they just go after the Big players whos Seeding (aka) Uploading the illegal stuff and Not after the guys downloading the illegal stuff.

I remeber when i was 17 i started useing a FTP server to let ppl download GBA roms from My site then about 7 weeks later i got a call from my ISP telling me to Shut it down or they will Kill my service. SO i did shut it down and befor i could even take down my webstie they Nuked it LOL.

My point is you just got to Watch out where your getting your stuff and How your getting it, As they can't watch every one on every site at every time =) thats just not going to happen.

BUT then again Time will tell ( Note this Law so to say has Been In Indiana for Many years) BUT it has not stoped me.

more or less i an't going to Hold my breath on this as it's been said many many many many times that there going to stop ppl from downloading illegal stuff, Yet time and time again we get passed them and find New ways of doing it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 02:52:14 PM by zzk2001 » Logged
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 12:29:39 PM »

There will be a program like peerguardian that will block them from finding you just like peerguardian has done.

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 02:20:57 PM »

LOL yeah just watch CNN and crap, they'll tell you wat their doing and how there going to do it. They are also saying their going to be able to tap in to our email, phone calls, chat etc. to lesion in for acts against the u.s. But wat ever, i guess; our privacy is going out the window LOL
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 11:56:36 PM »

What are colleges going to do when this happens? 80% of pirating comes from college kids...

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 09:41:20 AM »

thats cause they have no money for anything

and i seed certain files but i do it spratically, like ill upload it 60% then drop off and let others keep the torrent going, then give then a bit more ect ect, makes for GREAT highspeed torrents (everyone sitting at 60% ready to seed) and keeps the torrent going longer and me out the eyes of others

i have a torrent of all avalaible DS games (actual USA no (U) games) that is close to 30 gb and the DL speeds are 600kbs or somethin as of 1\31 havent checked in a while, but im hardley ever seeding that and its been a few months and its still running strong
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 04:30:56 PM »

What people do not understand... Some will get busted sure, but it's probably a scare tactic. Do you realize how much money it would cost to moderate and catch / punish every kid who downloads music / games / videos / etc? It's not possible. And say the industries do sue for 10 million... How many of you guys have 10 mil in the bank or how many parents have that many? And court costs, housing costs...? The battle has been won, and it's not in favor of the law.

With that said, stay out of trouble, and buy dvd's off amazon used, they're like 3 bucks Smiley

With that said, I just found Pizzatorrent.com today, it's cool. Hypothetically cool anyway, I would never download anything illegal. Obviously as with everyone here, I purchased all my roms legally as cartridges and ported them to Roms with my super fabulous skills.

Love SMD Smiley

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 06:39:03 PM »

ok but didnt they say sharing could occur huh huh well i am right in some aspects they didnt specify what to not share did they

I like tacos.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 08:23:25 PM »

ok but didnt they say sharing could occur huh huh well i am right in some aspects they didnt specify what to not share did they

dude calm down

now SMD, i know exactally whatcha mean!! i have this special device that rips all my roms from the cartridge! YAY:P

ohh and off topic, i found a box from my childhood in an old storage shed at my parents house i was cleaning out for them, found my old nintendo (original) with a MINT copy of (albeit opened) the original SUPER MARIO BROTHERS!!!! YES its worth like 1,000,000$!!!! ok mabye not but its up there Wink
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 10:44:40 PM »

?? i got like 5 copys of the Old Mairo game for NES and 2 copys of the OLD Super Mairo  they an't worth s**t lol
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 02:54:05 PM »

lol. ZZK all bitter and what not. Smiley

I miss my old NES and SNES. Chronotrigger was the mad note! That and Joust.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 06:12:30 PM »

?? i got like 5 copys of the Old Mairo game for NES and 2 copys of the OLD Super Mairo  they an't worth s**t lol
i meant sentimental value Tongue
i checked eBay and they went for nothing LOL, but i dont care

JOUST RULES!!!! Always played that back in the olden days Wink
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 07:01:35 PM »

We should invent a way to play old nintendo games over lan or internet. Like tecmo superbowl Smiley That would rule. We could start a Tecmo super bowl league. lol

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 07:14:41 PM »

We should invent a way to play old nintendo games over lan or internet. Like tecmo superbowl Smiley That would rule. We could start a Tecmo super bowl league. lol
LOL don't they have that for ZNES
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 09:18:30 PM »

hmm dont they i think they do i used to have atari 2600 but it burned

I like tacos.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: