Softmod Depot
April 26, 2024, 12:05:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: XBMC file manager  (Read 20522 times)
ThaDraGun
« on: January 27, 2008, 04:35:25 PM »

I finally got my xbox hooked up to my pc wirelessly! woohoo. File sharing works and internet seems to work.

I'm tryin to set up an ftp right now.. but I was wondering how do I use the Xbmc file manager to transfer files to my xbox? Can that be done. I wanted to do an update on my xbmc and I got into the files in my pc from the xbox, but I've tried all the buttons and I cant find one for copy or delete or anything. The only thing I can do is highlight the MC360 folder and thats it.

One more question, any suggestions what to install on my xbox?
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 05:28:03 PM »

Click start then go to favorites then in there you should see File manager
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 06:01:47 PM »

One more question, any suggestions what to install on my xbox?

Install the skin xTV for XBMC

it rivals MC360

You should also in stall
-DVD2Xbox
-Emulators (Surreal64, MAME etc)
-Mimesis

and yeah you should really be set
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 06:14:11 PM by Snipes101 » Logged
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 06:23:11 PM »

xTV is Ok but i still like Mc360 better  Tongue
ThaDraGun
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 07:44:05 PM »

That is a nice skin! I'm definately gettin that. I like the 360 too, but it's always nice to change it up a bit.

Anyone know anythin about the file manager? should I be able to delete/copy/rename etc in there? I can't seem to figure out what button Im supposed to push...
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 08:37:54 PM »

Ummm i kind of Done told you LOL

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 09:08:41 PM »

xTV is Ok but i still like Mc360 better  Tongue

Yeah true, but MC360 doesn't have DVD Cover flow but yeah, they both have thing that the other one doesn't. Thats why the rival each other Grin
ThaDraGun
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 09:11:36 PM »

Ummm i kind of Done told you LOL

Oh damn. I didnt even see that message. haha. I must have saw the skin pic and passed right by it.
sorry

But that's not what I wanted to know. (btw that didnt work for me) If I go to favorites all that is listed is XBMC scripts, snake, tetris
However, if I change the skin to project mayhem III then its really easy to find so I usually do that.

My problem is... I can't do anything when I get to the xbmc file manager. I can get there no problem but all it lets me do is view the files or highlight a file. (Unless I'm not pressing the right buttons)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 10:27:28 PM »

you may need to set in the settings so you can delete files as XBMC has a safety for deleteing files

Or you may need to update or XBMC =)
ThaDraGun
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 10:35:50 PM »

ok. thanks, I'll have to check later.

Now I have a different problem.

...And to think I thought that xTV looked cool. I installed it (I think I did anyways) To install you just basically load up ftp and drag the folder you downloaded into the "skins" directory, correct?

Well I dragged it over, and applied the skin, and now I can't see anything.  Shocked There's the little xtv symbol in the corner like in the pic there, but thats all I can see. If i click buttons it makes sounds but I dont know what its doing. If I click the joypad the shutdown menu does show but thats it.

Other problem is, xbmc is default dashboard so the xtv comes on everytime I turn on my xbox. Anyone know how to fix it without having to do my mod dashboard backup?
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 11:07:42 PM »

yeah i dont know what the ExACT problem is, but why dont you just move the entire folder and save it somewhere
then dump a new dash as the defualt one, that why at least you can boot for the time being, then you can mess around with it VIA the xbox

this is assuming you can get to the FTP
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 12:13:39 AM »

that Happens when the Skin does not support the LOW version XBMC you have to fix it you Must Update the XBMC
ThaDraGun
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 12:33:36 AM »

Before I mess up things worse I want to make sure I'm going to do it right. When I first installed xbmc I got an install disc and it did all the work for me and automatically set it as default dash. That's why I'm not 100% sure of how to do it. I don't know much about the drives and files inside the xbox. I'm just learning so far. Today was the first time I actually got the ftp to work.

I can still ftp.
I downloaded XBMC-SVN_2007-09-10_rev10193-T3CH from the file section. That looks like the newest version.
I connected and went to /E/dashboard/
When I unzip the file I downloaded theres "_tools",  "win32", "XBMC" and a couple text files.
What I want to do to update xbmc is just copy all the files that are in "XBMC" directly in /E/dashboard/ and overrwite all the existing files?
The other two folders I dont need right?

That should fix the display issue I'm assuming.

EDIT -------------------------------
I just noticed theres some dashboard files in the Q drive too. Am I supposed to do something with that.

EDIT AGAIN -------------------------------

I finally found this message and it says just delete everything in that folder and copy the dash there.
http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=1863.msg18550#msg18550

I'm just curious now, whats the Q drive for?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:45:11 AM by ThaDraGun » Logged
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 12:50:24 PM »

i believe Q is a memory card (or USB port if you have one)

C, D, E, F, G are all drives (dvd, HDD)

H-V or sumthin like that are memory cards

X, Y, Z means zip up, ohhh and its you xbox cache
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 02:07:53 PM »

The Q drive is made when you boot up XBMC, so its basically your E:/dashboard folder so dont delete any thing in the Q drive!!! but its nothing to worry you about, it their for a reason and yeah just leave it alone Wink

And yeah, you need to download a NEWER Version of XBMC, thats version is very old heres the newer one
http://ftp1.srv.endpoint.nu/pub/repository/t3ch/XBMC-SVN_2008-01-27_rev11426-T3CH.rar
since our files section is not up to date *cough cough

I assume you learned how to replace your old dash, with that video you saw from that post correct  Smiley  so i dont have to type out another tut Wink

Bookmark this site, they host all of the newest XBMC dash updates Grin
http://t3ch.yi.se/

and let me know if you had a problem finding xTv
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: