Softmod Depot
April 28, 2024, 02:54:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New To Soft mod.. have some questions.  (Read 5831 times)
ThaDraGun
« on: January 12, 2008, 09:22:08 PM »

I'm getting my Action replay in the mail in a couple days and wanted to figure it all out beforehand.

I think I know how to mod the xbox. there are tons of video tutorials... and it looks pretty straight forward. I put the game save on the action replay then copy action replay to xbox and run.

1.when I downloaded "Krayzie_SC-NTSC_Ndure_Installer_v1.1" It has more then just one thing in there tho. There's save1,  save2,  rescue disc,  extras. I'm not sure what they all are for, I thought there would just be one file. Which save do I put on the action replay? Does it matter.

2. I also bought an 8mb xbox memory card (not action replay) I bought it so I could give the file to a friend to use. Do I put it on the same way?....load it on with the action replay?  or do I have to copy from the action replay memory card to xbox THEN copy the save from the xbox to the regular memory card?

Thanks
realg123
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 06:42:28 PM »

1) Krayzie_SC-NTSC_Ndure_Installer_v1.1 is for Splinter Cell, there are two other games that allow you to softmod Mechassualt, and 007. Download the exploit from this website from the files section. You also have to have one of the three games to softmod. Download the exploit specific for the game and region pal or ntsc.
2) You would have to download the exploit to the action reply than copy it to the hard drive, then from there copy it to a memory card.
ThaDraGun
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 08:44:30 PM »

Ya, I have Splinter Cell.. but do I put both save 1 and save 2 on the memory card? why are there two.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 09:09:16 PM »

Here you go that should ans your question Grin
http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=1601.0
ThaDraGun
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 11:54:19 PM »

Thanks, I just modded my xbox. I was kinda worried it might be hard... I can't believe how easy it is!!!! Damn. It took only like 5min. I didn't have to set up the dual boot or anything it was already done for me.

Now I'll just have to figure out the ftp when I hook up my router and get some stuff on there. I need to backup my xbox to my pc, add some apps and change the dashboard and them I'm all set. Grin
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 05:34:29 PM »

Thanks, I just modded my xbox. I was kinda worried it might be hard... I can't believe how easy it is!!!! Damn. It took only like 5min. I didn't have to set up the dual boot or anything it was already done for me.

Now I'll just have to figure out the ftp when I hook up my router and get some stuff on there. I need to backup my xbox to my pc, add some apps and change the dashboard and them I'm all set. Grin

Yes back up your eeprom, that way if anything happens your still safe Cheesy
ThaDraGun
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 02:23:01 AM »

yah, I have it backed up on my memory card for the time being. I'm not sure if its any good on there but I can't connect my pc yet, I have to hook up my router first.

I've got a question, how do I uninstall applications after I put them on. I have xbmc as a main dash and don't see the option anywhere. I'm trying to get rid of "DVD2Xbox v7.8" it doesnt start up. I'll need to install the other version..
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 12:25:51 PM »

the uninstall process is simply delte the folder with the app in it
the older version (DVD2Xbox 7.7) is in our file section, just drop it in the apps folder (or anywhere really) and youll be all set
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: