Softmod Depot
April 29, 2024, 06:46:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I get rid of a certain taskbar icon?  (Read 6995 times)
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2008, 11:23:21 PM »

hey there, guess what, got my own apt downtown, right next to the univ! super sweet. and im being given the right to use the computer lab. so of course, another computer for me to experiment with, covertly of course. the thing is that i am running utorrent on the computer and im pretty sure that they dont want any apps to be installed or used on the computer without their (admin's) approval. whatever, rules are meant to be broken. surprisingly the speeds are quite good so naturally, i want to try to utilize this as much as possible. everything is going well, ive placed the files somewhere in the root directly, where they are not very likely to find it. the only problem im facing is that whenever i run utorrent and close and/or minimize it, it goes to the tray. and its not hidden either. there is the green U sticking out. so i was wondering, actually hoping that there would be a way to remove the green U from the taskbar and still have utorrent running. heres what my preferences looks like, where is says "System Tray", these are unchecked:
- Always show tray icon
- Show balloon notification in tray
- Single click on tray icon to open
- Always activate when clicked

im still getting the taskbar icon. im now looking towards another app that will get rid of the icon for me but i would much prefer to have everything controlled by just utorrent. ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

skip

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 11:36:07 PM »

OK the Easy way without changeing the registry or anything is,

Right click on the taskbar click properties, click on the "taskbar" tab then the customize button. click on the behavior (hide when inactive) and a down arrow will appear. Choose "Always hide"

the little Aerrow will still be there But you will Not see the Icon Unless Some one hits the Aerrow =)
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 01:46:57 PM »

surprisingly the speeds are quite good so naturally, i want to try to utilize this as much as possible.

be careful cause they can see how much traffic is being used up by that one computer. so to much traffic and they'll get supisous  Shocked so make sure you don't let Utorrent upload to much or download at full speed unless you really wanna go balls to the wall
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 05:35:23 PM »

go balls wild

That's what jesus would do.

Sig Built by BOOST

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 05:37:11 PM »

lol, is there any other way to go but balls wild? thanks for the heads up tho snipes. ive capped the dl at like 200. i mean the speeds are good but not hella phenomenal, so for now i dont think theres much to be worried about. well i hope so.

hey ZZK thank man, it works flawlessly. its always hidden. however im scurred... if admin comes on the comp, and hit the "«" button on the taskbar, theyll see the U and they will be aware of my shenanigans. is there any way to make it go away completely? thanks.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 05:42:34 PM by skip2mylou » Logged

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 08:44:09 PM »

And the computers might be ghosted, people can moniter EVERYTHING you do.
I do this at school a lot to make extra cash

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 10:08:09 PM »

And the computers might be ghosted, people can moniter EVERYTHING you do.
I do this at school a lot to make extra cash

VERY true, i remember when my class, when we got new computers they where installing Norton Ghost or something like that. So yeah  be very careful
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 12:37:21 PM »

i dont think theyre ghosted. is there a way i could find out for sure?

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 06:52:02 PM »

i dont think theyre ghosted. is there a way i could find out for sure?

It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!!!

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 10:31:16 AM »

im not sure i understand, is it possible that it indeed is peanut butter jelly time? or are u suggesting that i smother a plethora of peanut and its counterpart, jelly, all over the computer in hope of determining if it is ghosted or not. a truly genuine idea.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 07:13:33 PM »

PEANUT BUTTA JELLY, PEANUT BUTTA JELLY, PEANUT BUTTA JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: