Softmod Depot
April 29, 2024, 04:48:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting files from a 360 HDD  (Read 4306 times)
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2007, 12:47:24 AM »

So, since I dropped my poor 360 out of negligence and laziness, I decided to take it apart. It still works great and everything but I think the HDD took a bit of damage.

I have the HDD out of it's case and I was wondering if I could simply hook up my Sata cables to the HDD and use it in my PC like a normal hard drive and use one of the many programs to read the 360s file system and grab my stuff.

Would it be alright to plug the 360 drive in my PC and access it that way, or would that dick it up somehow (sorry for the lack of proper terminology.) It seems like the logical solution to me, but the last time I took the logical way out of something I muffed up the issue even further.

Also, very unrelated but I find running the 360 without any casing on it looks pretty nifty and is probably going to lead to either something dropping on it or some severe static all up in my motherboard. Until that happens, I like the skeletal 360 look.

I guess since I'm bored now and don't want to wait for a reply, I'll try it out and see how it works. The whole xbox HDD in my PC I mean. If it's really that simple, why do they sell USB adapters and the like for it?
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 01:17:09 AM »

And well, I tried it and the PC will recognize the drive (shows up in Device manager with model name) but xplorer360 doesn't pick it up. Which is kind of a piss off because I'd like to salvage what I can. Anyone else have any ideas?

I found this when looking around: http://www.free60.org/wiki/Harddrive
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 09:30:17 PM »

you could buy a 2.5 sata external hdd case for it and run through usb, but it seems kinda weird that explorer360 isnt picking it up, are you sure there isnt any thing special you have to do as i hav enever used ex.360 before and dont know to much about it, i know with the xbox1 hdd theres some special button you have to click for it to come up.

SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 12:07:16 PM »

I'm not sure. I heard some jibberish about how they're locked to run on 360s or some such nonsense but I mean, it's in there. The PC picks it up, but xplorer360 just says no partition table found or something like that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: