Softmod Depot
April 30, 2024, 05:43:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Need fresh C: and E: files to fix errorcode 13  (Read 64485 times)
brokenxbox
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2007, 11:16:12 PM »

Where is the eeprom saved on the xbox hard disk so I can back it up?
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2008, 01:31:42 AM »

Where is the eeprom saved on the xbox hard disk so I can back it up?

Well if you used Krayzie Ndure, the eeprom.bin will be in the E:/backups/eeprom/backup/  folder.

What did you use to softmod your xbox?
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2008, 09:15:31 AM »

if you can't find the eeprom or the softmod you used did not back i made a program just for backing  up the eeprom  (http://www.smdepot.net/files.html) should find it in there If now just tell me if you need it and i'll post a Link.
godden
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2008, 06:03:07 PM »

ok so it boots GREAT
that means the chip is good, there is very little you can do to screw up now (although dont go messing around Wink)
what you need to do is get zzk all-in-one, and build the XboxHDM disc with that, that way it is already modded when you boot into chip mode and you can extract and FTP your EEPROM over to your ocmputer and lock the drive, which is the end goal

let me go find the links for you, but dont worry you dont have to buy anything more, and you dont have to hotswap either  Cheesy

EDIT: files are here
and ive been told to tell you this........  Roll Eyes

""YOU MUST DO THE FIX""
http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=1376.0

but basically get the files off out of the C and E folders and copy them to XboxHDM Cand E folders, make the ISO burn the Disc, and do what snipes said earlier about making a new HDD from scratch.

and give snipes some 1upage for helping, lol i just pop in from time to time he actually helps out Tongue

I burned a new dvd with the zzk all-in-one files in the hdm folders. then I installed it on the Xbox hdd and now I can´t even boot the xbox in chipmode :S what have I done wrong? Am I suppose to do something?

the black screen with the green xbox logo shows up and with the EVO X symbol in the left top corner, then it freezes. I got passed it once but then it just said I wasn´t connected to a network so I connected it but now I can´t even get there again.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 06:08:47 PM by godden » Logged
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2008, 06:10:43 PM »

are you sure the hdd has the files on it? and did you build the disc right?
if you didnt then the HDD wouldnt work, if you built the cd right and copied the files over right, then the HDD would boot in chipped mode

one thing you could try.....

hook the HDD up to primary master and launch windows
use a program called Xplorer360 from the file section
lauch the program and open the HDD and manually copy all the files from zzk's thing
then you know for sure that you have the right files on there
godden
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2008, 06:14:33 PM »

if you didnt then the HDD wouldnt work, if you built the cd right and copied the files over right, then the HDD would boot in chipped mode

lauch the program and open the HDD and manually copy all the files from zzk's thing

I connected it and looked in xplorer360. It looks like it should. all of the files are there.

the program freezed and the next time I went in to it xplorer360 only showed partition 0, 1, 2 and 3 so the one with games and more isn´t found now :S
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 06:27:43 PM by godden » Logged
godden
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2008, 07:31:32 PM »

I now tried to put all of the files one by one over to the xbox hdd. When all of the files were manually sent over to the hdd I just unplugged it and plugged it into the xbox and tried to boot in chip mode. now the xbox shows a box saying "A network connection could not be created" just like it did when I installed with the dvd to the hdd.

I connected the xbox to the network. But then I was stuck in the network settings. first it autodetected some the network and then I could choose betwean three different topics all just having with networking/xbox live to do. I tried to press B but nothing happend.

Is this the right file?         "Zzk All In One softmod (Hotswap Only)"
It says "hotswap only" but it was this file I got directed to.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 07:49:44 PM by godden » Logged
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2008, 08:45:35 PM »

youre all set, it says the "network connection" thing when the DVD drive is open during boot, you need to keep the drive closed and boot into chip mode then backup your eeprom to lock the drive (you should boot to the UnleashX dash board)
godden
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2008, 08:52:11 PM »

youre all set, it says the "network connection" thing when the DVD drive is open during boot, you need to keep the drive closed and boot into chip mode then backup your eeprom to lock the drive (you should boot to the UnleashX dash board)

the problem is that when I push the power button the little extra time to get the eject button orange (to start in chip mode) then the screen on the tv is black. then I have to push the eject button several times, and after a while the xbox logo shows up with the evo x sign at the top left corner. So I can´t get it to boot without having the DVD drive open for a little while. I don´t know why it is like this. Can it be wrong bios for the chip or something like that?

Edit: I tried to push in the dvd as fast as I could after the xbox logo had showed up at the bootup. But then the screen only gets black :/
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 09:00:05 PM by godden » Logged
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2008, 09:16:29 PM »

yeah idk about the chip sorry man, but the dvd drive CANNOT be open after the M$ logo thing appears (and even before that sometimes) other wise it goes to that network connect screen, and unplug any network connection cables on the back as well
godden
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2008, 05:55:32 AM »

yeah idk about the chip sorry man, but the dvd drive CANNOT be open after the M$ logo thing appears (and even before that sometimes) other wise it goes to that network connect screen, and unplug any network connection cables on the back as well

allriight. in that case this will be a tricky one Sad I don´t have any network cable connected.
Do you know if somebody else might know what to do?
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2008, 11:22:21 AM »

ohh if you dont thats fine dont worry about it, i was just saying if you DID, but dont forget what i said if its not connected Smiley
you just need to fuigure out how to boot into chip mode wITHOUT the dvd drive open
godden
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2008, 11:32:22 AM »

ohh if you dont thats fine dont worry about it, i was just saying if you DID, but dont forget what i said if its not connected Smiley
you just need to fuigure out how to boot into chip mode wITHOUT the dvd drive open

That will not be easy for me. Because every time since I bought the xbox I´ve allways been forced to eject the dvd a couple of times before the chip triggs and the green logo shows up on the screen. before I eject the dvd those times the screen is only black. I don´t have a clue what I can do. Maybe it is something with the bios? or can it be the chip that is damaged?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 12:25:08 PM by godden » Logged
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2008, 02:13:53 PM »

hmmmm ok that could just be your box, or sumthin idk
ok so i need to ask other people somethings

Who knows of a softmod that alows you to boot to the softmod with the drive open? (weird request i know, but we just need to do it once then snag the eeprom and back to krazyies it is)
and if anyone has one that can do this please let me know
godden
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2008, 08:27:25 PM »

hmmmm ok that could just be your box, or sumthin idk
ok so i need to ask other people somethings

Who knows of a softmod that alows you to boot to the softmod with the drive open? (weird request i know, but we just need to do it once then snag the eeprom and back to krazyies it is)
and if anyone has one that can do this please let me know

allriight. thank´s a lot. I hope you will find something.
So it´s only when you boot with softmod you can´t have the dvd open? because I could before with the original hdm cd  I did.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: