Softmod Depot
April 27, 2024, 11:46:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Need fresh C: and E: files to fix errorcode 13  (Read 64391 times)
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2007, 06:59:49 PM »

Can I do this with my hdd I used when I tried to hotswap before but failed or must I have a new one. In that case must it be a original xbox hdd?

where can i find Xboxhdm 1.9?

Yes it be best, just to use another working xbox HDD and unlock it with its eeprom. Then place the working unlock HDD in the broken xbox and try to boot up the HDD with the chip.

You can get XboxHDM v1.9 in our files section
User Name: guest
Password:   Password1
File Location
Xbox -> Eeprom Tools -> xboxhdm_v1.9.zip

GamezR2EZ is that right with that tut i just told him, cause have little knowledge in chips. Wait for Gamez godden for some extra advice ok Cheesy
Hope this helps Grin
godden
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2007, 07:13:27 PM »

Can I do this with my hdd I used when I tried to hotswap before but failed or must I have a new one. In that case must it be a original xbox hdd?

Yes it be best, just to use another working xbox HDD and unlock it with its eeprom. Then place the working unlock HDD in the broken xbox and try to boot up the HDD with the chip.

File Location

GamezR2EZ is that right with that tut i just told him, cause have little knowledge in chips. Wait for Gamez godden for some extra advice ok Cheesy
Hope this helps Grin

Allriight. Thanks
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2007, 07:38:24 PM »

yeah do wha snipes said boot an unlocked drive, if that works your all set (uhh dont hotswap it, well walk you through a better method, since you have a chip and all)
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2007, 11:19:27 PM »

yeah do wha snipes said boot an unlocked drive, if that works your all set (uhh dont hotswap it, well walk you through a better method, since you have a chip and all)

Sweet, well then godden its all up to u man. Me and Gamez are willing to help you out with any other question you may have, so The Technical Support Team is here to help Wink Grin

godden
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2007, 10:51:23 AM »

Sweet, well then godden its all up to u man. Me and Gamez are willing to help you out with any other question you may have, so The Technical Support Team is here to help Wink Grin

That sounds good! I think I´ll give it a try tomorrow Smiley
godden
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2007, 01:59:51 PM »

File Location

Hope this helps Grin

So I´ll have to get the xbox hdd together with my computer and unlock it with xboxhdm?
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2007, 02:06:48 PM »

yes, get a HDD that is unlocked and try booting in chip mode, if your chip works you should be able to boot the unlocked drive
godden
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2007, 02:09:16 PM »

yes, get a HDD that is unlocked and try booting in chip mode, if your chip works you should be able to boot the unlocked drive

1: And i´ll have to unlock the hdd with the computer?

2: would it be more difficult to do this if I would decide to take a hdd from a computer a bigger one?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 06:48:21 PM by godden » Logged
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2007, 01:34:35 AM »

2: would it be more difficult to do this if I would decide to take a hdd from a computer a bigger one?

1. Yes, just use XboxHDM v1.9

2. Yes, it would me more difficult.  But you can use a computer HDD that is not locked and turn it in to an Xbox HDD, but i would just use a plain xbox HDD just cause all you have to do is unlock it; less work then having to make that Computer HDD in to an xbox HDD. "work smarter not harder" Wink  Grin Good luck
godden
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2007, 10:20:58 AM »

2. Yes, it would me more difficult.  But you can use a computer HDD that is not locked and turn it in to an Xbox HDD, but i would just use a plain xbox HDD just cause all you have to do is unlock it; less work then having to make that Computer HDD in to an xbox HDD. "work smarter not harder" Wink  Grin Good luck

allriight. I´ve just got to buy a new hdd first then. can´t do that in my city but hopefully this week. I hope it will work, I´m really excited Cheesy
godden
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2007, 08:06:29 AM »

Allriight. now I´ve bought a new xbox hdd what to do now? It´s no problem that I haven´t got a floppy, right?

I can just burn the image to a cd, put the xbox hdd to the primary on the computer and boot from cd. then choose 3) Boot linux with locking/unlocking utilities, then choose

* hdunlock, (Only unlocks a HDD but doesn't disable locking. The drive will
      relock after reboot if you only run this tool.)
And after that
    * hdddisabl, (Disables locking. To be used after hdunlock so that locking
      stays off after rebooting.) and then it should be finished?
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2007, 09:42:39 AM »

im sorry, im just a little lost, ill tell you a bottom line what you need to do to try with the chip

take any WORKING HDD that has the xbox files on it, have it unlocked (NOT disabled) and boot into chipped mode, IF that works, then get the EEPROM and you will be all set

bottom line: just try booting INTO chip mode with an UNLOCKED HDD
godden
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2007, 10:05:08 AM »

im sorry, im just a little lost, ill tell you a bottom line what you need to do to try with the chip

take any WORKING HDD that has the xbox files on it, have it unlocked (NOT disabled) and boot into chipped mode, IF that works, then get the EEPROM and you will be all set

bottom line: just try booting INTO chip mode with an UNLOCKED HDD

but in that case I will have to unlock the hdd first?
and I wonder how to unlock it? I think I´m suppose to do as i wrote before, in the xboxhdm program :S ?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 12:08:00 PM by godden » Logged
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2007, 12:32:15 PM »

Allriight. now I´ve bought a new xbox hdd what to do now? It´s no problem that I haven´t got a floppy, right?

I can just burn the image to a cd, put the xbox hdd to the primary on the computer and boot from cd. then choose 3) Boot linux with locking/unlocking utilities, then choose

And after that

Ok what you need to do with that NEW HDD, is just make it into a Xbox HDD.

When you insert the XboxHDM CD in your computer choose option 1. at the beginning, then type "xboxhd". Then its going to say, "1) Build a working HD from scratch." and choose that one.

Once thats done you don't have to lock it or unlock it, cause since its a new HDD (like you say) its all ready unlocked. So all you have to do is place that newly made Xbox HDD with the New Xbox Files in it, in your xbox and boot it up with the chip. If all goes well it should work. Good Luck Grin
godden
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2007, 02:36:37 PM »

And after that

Ok what you need to do with that NEW HDD, is just make it into a Xbox HDD.

When you insert the XboxHDM CD in your computer choose option 1. at the beginning, then type "xboxhd". Then its going to say, "1) Build a working HD from scratch." and choose that one.

Once thats done you don't have to lock it or unlock it, cause since its a new HDD (like you say) its all ready unlocked. So all you have to do is place that newly made Xbox HDD with the New Xbox Files in it, in your xbox and boot it up with the chip. If all goes well it should work. Good Luck Grin

Thank´s a lot for a good answer. but I bought a new 10 gb xbox hdd will I have to do those steps then or can I just put it into the Xbox right away whitout doing anything with it?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: