Softmod Depot
April 29, 2024, 05:18:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XBOX360 HELP!!!  (Read 6971 times)
z4ch_d1zzl3
« on: December 05, 2007, 10:43:08 PM »

on my uncles xbox after a while it shuts off and 2 red lights pops up ... and today on the call of duty game is had a disk error so i took it out and looked at it ... it had a big circle around the whole disk ... can anyone tell me what this miught be and what i can do to fix it?
GenerlLee
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 05:14:51 PM »

bad xbox version. which means that you got one one of the xbox that was earlier made. so they always got problems. and so you need to get a newer version of the xbox. that has been fixed. iv read about that. and its just bad shipment.. so buy a new xbox lol.

They ship out like some odd ones at the start of the first time it sells. then they fix errors and send out another patch and so on and so forth.
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 09:28:50 PM »

z4ck, all that happened with the disc was, the console was moved while the game was in the drive, you can get a game replacement free from m$ still i think, because tat was a big problem with first couple gen 360's because they had no buffer pads or antishock protection. as for the console turning off, it is getting to hot and heating up a cold solder joint and making get the error, so just send it back to m$ and they will either update/ fix your 360 or send you a brand new 360.

z4ch_d1zzl3
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 02:55:59 AM »

well the xbox has been sent back like 2 times lol ... for the same problem ... and yes this xbox is 1 of the very first 1's to be shipped...  and my uncle has also talked to m$ and they was basically talking about charging a large fee so idk but ill talk to him
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 01:42:04 PM »

you can send it back as many times as you need, as its still under warranty.

z4ch_d1zzl3
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 04:10:35 AM »

think the warranty is voided out now dunno lol ... but he said hes just gonna go buy a new one since this 1 has gave him way too many problems... ty for the replies
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 04:11:19 PM »

only way to void the warranty is to open it. you can send the 360 in for repairs as many times as needed. microsoft also extended the 360's warranty to 3 years for the reason that they keep going out.

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 08:38:10 PM »

ah take it to walmart!!! problem solved hell most the time they dont even look at the box

I like tacos.

z4ch_d1zzl3
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 03:22:55 AM »

yeah i thought about trading it in lol ... but instead we just ended up selling it for 200$ ... and just bought a new 1 .. cost more but oh wellz
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 01:05:13 PM »

ah take it to walmart!!! problem solved hell most the time they dont even look at the box

they have upgraded there return policy now, now they do a serial number check and they will tell you where and when you bought the 360 and they will not take it if it was not purchased from walmart. i found that out with one of my psp's when i tried to return it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: