Softmod Depot
April 28, 2024, 07:27:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: sell  (Read 12277 times)
xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« on: November 10, 2007, 08:16:01 PM »

Are you gonna sell your games or console collections?

I am gonna sell alot of my Xbox and GC games. Yes I do like having them as a collection. But I never play them:/ For an example Unreal 2 on xbox, after finishing the game I set the game aside, never played it again. Soul Calibur 2 on GC after unlocking all, I stopped playing the game.

And I though to myself, why do I still have this game? when I die I won't take them with me in the after life:/

I am only keeping games I won't get tired of, or will replay again.
I am still thinking of what to do with my Dreamcast and its games.

Are you gonna sell your games/consoles? or keep them:/

www.youtube.com/xin0 222+ videos

Need to come up with a new Video Editing software, I am tired of Nero Vision 4:/

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 08:47:22 PM »

im going to keep mine, because sooner or later, the game will have more value then they do now. for instance, sega master system games have been slowly rising in value, and i have about 20 games still for it.

xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 08:39:56 AM »

im going to keep mine, because sooner or later, the game will have more value then they do now. for instance, sega master system games have been slowly rising in value, and i have about 20 games still for it.
that is what everyone says for keeping their games
I too always say that, keep the games in future it will be worth alot of money.

Not really, only games that are brand new not used are worth alot of money

Need to come up with a new Video Editing software, I am tired of Nero Vision 4:/

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 02:45:14 PM »

yeah, but what the games are worth now are nothing, you might get like between $.99 and $5 for each game. but in like 10 years, they might be like $20 a piece in todays market pricing.

xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 05:42:06 PM »

yeah, but what the games are worth now are nothing, you might get like between $.99 and $5 for each game. but in like 10 years, they might be like $20 a piece in todays market pricing.
lol..and you will be alive by that time?
life is too short:/

the fact is that: when they will be worth $20 in 10/20years time.
WHo will buy em?
You actually telling me, a 2year boy, by the time its 10/20 he wants to buy an old game/system, when he will be influenced with the latest advanced technology in the market.

Won't it be a passing on?
you save your games till 10/20 years, a kid now grows up at that time and buys the game for alot of money, the kid does the same and saves the game for another more years...:/

Another fact is that, everyone are doing exactly the same thing you are doing:P
saving their games for future gross.

The reason why DC games are expensive is because:
*There isn't enough package for the game, only few were shipped
*DC died too early, and most people are getting into it

Because I wonder to my self why Sonic Adventure cost £5 and Sonic Adventure 2 cost £20:/
that answers my question and proves my point Tongue

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 06:10:14 PM »

xino, theres alot of older people that will try to re live there childhood, and they will end up spending more later for the enjoyment. but its not just video games that are like this, other toys are like that as well. like r/c cars for example. I have a few that where made in the 80's that sold for about $50-$100, and now they sell on ebay for atleast $200 in good condition and way more for mint or near mint condition.

xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 12:34:11 AM »

xino, theres alot of older people that will try to re live there childhood, and they will end up spending more later for the enjoyment. but its not just video games that are like this, other toys are like that as well. like r/c cars for example. I have a few that where made in the 80's that sold for about $50-$100, and now they sell on ebay for atleast $200 in good condition and way more for mint or near mint condition.
lol

older men!?
the older men now are the one who are planning on selling their games in the next few decades.
How old will older men be at that age!?

Yes I know action figures and toys are expensive. Reference to my previous post, why games are expensive. The same goes to action figures and such. Its because their aren't enough copies of those products, as they were limited.

Heck I got into buying comics for a while Street Fighter Comics. Once the shop are running out of copies prices go up in that instant! And believe me, you do not want to miss the next issue in a week, because if you miss it, there will be hardly any copies left, so the price will rise up.

I still got the comics and I know they will be worth a HIGH value!
its not compared to games, literally everyone are planning on doing the same:/ and I still don't see who will buy them

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 12:23:11 PM »

one man's trash is another man's treasure

thats all i got to say about that  Wink

"miss spelled treasure" "my bad.."  Tongue
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 12:47:17 AM by zzk2001 » Logged
xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 12:39:41 PM »

one man's trash is another man's treacher

thats all i got to say about that  Wink
i dunno what you mean

but can someone convince me on who will buy the games in next decade, since ALOT of people are doing it:/

for an example, I am planning on selling my Halo 2 collectors edition!
since halo 3 is out..I don't think people who own halo 3 will touch that game again

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 08:25:01 PM »

zzk meant, one man's trash is another man's treasure. another example are pc's, on ebay, a pentium 1 pc or below in mint condition can go for as high as $500, when new they where about 100. I just wish i kept my old media center pc, because when i got rid of it about 1 year ago, they only went for like $10 on ebay, now there up to $100, i got it for free, but original retail on the pc new was $2000

xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 08:34:54 PM »

zzk meant, one man's trash is another man's treasure. another example are pc's, on ebay, a pentium 1 pc or below in mint condition can go for as high as $500, when new they where about 100. I just wish i kept my old media center pc, because when i got rid of it about 1 year ago, they only went for like $10 on ebay, now there up to $100, i got it for free, but original retail on the pc new was $2000
>:@!
why da hell would someone wanna buy a model pc Angry

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 09:00:04 PM »

i never said model pc lol

xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 01:38:51 PM »

i never said model pc lol
i still wanna know who will buy the games!
everyone is doing it.

Heck, the old men that suppose to buy the games in the future will say to themselves. I am gonna buy this game, and it will cost £5000, why don't I buy it now?
:/

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 09:25:22 PM »

because maybe they dont wont it now, then one day when a now 18 year old kid, when he is gray headed says, "hey, i want so and so again" it is a hard feeling to explain, and they will spend more if needed to get what they want.

xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 12:47:08 PM »

because maybe they dont wont it now, then one day when a now 18 year old kid, when he is gray headed says, "hey, i want so and so again" it is a hard feeling to explain, and they will spend more if needed to get what they want.
lol..i am telling you..no sucker an't gonna buy it Tongue

Just sell the game:)

Xbox games are worth nothing!
i was gonna sell my xbox games...ridiculous prices!
Timesplitters 2 for £0.10 Timesplitters 3 for £50
the rest of the xbox games were £1.00:/

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: