Softmod Depot
April 26, 2024, 07:04:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Internet Problems  (Read 11546 times)
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2007, 04:41:12 PM »

Something pretty wierd has been happening to me recently. My internet "flashes" on me. I mean is shows I have internet one minute, and the next, disconnected. This happens mainly on the weekends. What do you guys think it is? could it be my PC? or the ISP (Microserv)? This really messes up my WoW Playing time. I haven't played on WoW on the weekends for 2 months now Sad I want to play it.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »

i would call your ISP
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 05:47:35 PM »

I have called and emailed, multiple times. They wont reply or answer their phones. This sucks Sad

xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 06:33:39 PM »

my friend is having the same problem:/

might be your modem or I.S.P

www.youtube.com/xin0 222+ videos

Need to come up with a new Video Editing software, I am tired of Nero Vision 4:/

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 07:33:39 PM »

I don't use a modem. Here is my whole setup: First, there is my PC, which is connected to the router. The router is connected to a wireless box(i don't know how to explain it) the signal is transmitted about 3-5 miles to a tower, which transfers the signal to Pocatello, about 50 miles away from my house. The weather is good, btw.

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 12:02:32 PM »

Uhh huh, get cable.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 12:12:35 PM »

I don't use a modem. Here is my whole setup: First, there is my PC, which is connected to the router. The router is connected to a wireless box(i don't know how to explain it) the signal is transmitted about 3-5 miles to a tower, which transfers the signal to Pocatello, about 50 miles away from my house. The weather is good, btw.

hmmmmm i have no clue what you are talking about, do you have any names for this equipment? or just you dont know how to explain it.....

im with Yachi, get cable or some kinda WIRED connection, unless you just werent explaining the above correctly
xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 02:17:54 PM »

hmmmmm i have no clue what you are talking about, do you have any names for this equipment? or just you dont know how to explain it.....

im with Yachi, get cable or some kinda WIRED connection, unless you just werent explaining the above correctly
you don't need a name:/ and he explained it right. He just started from the front...

Wireless (it should be a wireless modem, or ethernet cable or 1.02g watever the number is called) anyway
Wireless→Router→PC RJ45
I dunno how to solve this..since I don't use wireless even though I have a wireless enabled.

You don't have a steady connection, it jumps. Its from your I.S.P so you try notifying them

www.youtube.com/xin0 222+ videos

Need to come up with a new Video Editing software, I am tired of Nero Vision 4:/

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 02:55:26 PM »

Give us a diagram of your network. Wink
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 05:20:12 PM »

the signal is transmitted about 3-5 miles to a tower, which transfers the signal to Pocatello, about 50 miles away from my house. The weather is good, btw.

im trying to figure out THAT part of his problem....... that is why i wanted a name for the equipment, i have no clue what he is saying..

anyway, you can always try a direct connection right? remove the router? if you STILL have problems, then its your ISP's problem

IM SO CONFUSED, lol please explain your problem better, thanx lol
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 06:00:51 PM »

OK, sry, i've been busy. Yachi, it is cheaper to get a wired connection, but I AM AN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. I cant get a wired connection. I have tried. And I got it working, my isp shut it down for suspicious activity Sad But it is better now.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 07:53:12 PM »

my isp shut it down for suspicious activity Sad

NEW QUOTE NEW QUOTE!!!!!

lol nice thats what happends when you dont change ports everytime, your ISP tracks it
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 08:58:58 PM »

Then i suggest you move Wink
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 03:03:50 AM »

haha its all fixed now *wink wink*

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 09:04:05 PM »

I think coburn2006 is hinting that he is gay.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: