Softmod Depot
April 26, 2024, 08:06:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiimote on PC \ Wii Remote Bluetooth (No Wii Needed)  (Read 3015 times)
GamezR2EZ
« on: October 15, 2007, 06:55:39 PM »

Im kinda shocked that there isnt a tutorial for this, its been out since launch almost. So i guess ill write one (yes this is OLD news)

Ok, First lets Start off by looking into this Bluetooth thing, not all Bluetooth adapters work, only certain ones have been tested and out of those only a few work. Check this site for details.

i am using the Kensington Model # 33348, it works for me, i can't vouch for the rest
Let's say you have this one, below is the drivers needed to use the Wiimote (if you don't have this adapter, then i can't tell you what drivers you'll need to make this work, however a quick search will reveal ALOT)
If you don't have this adapter skip down to Starting the Process

Drivers for Kensington 33348 -
Now, don't install the drivers that came with it (if you already have, uninstall them) get the correct drivers here
install those

Starting the Process

Connect your Wiimote, you can use this guide on how to connect it (unless your using a different program), simply if you see the green arrows, its connected, if not try again (with working adapter)
Disconnect your Wiimote (if not already)
Next download GlovePIE here (the mirror is always up, try that if it doesnt work on the first one, i.e. Bandwidth is used up)
Now connect your Wiimote to the PC
Start glovePIE
Goto File>Open
find your GlovePIE directory, in there is a folder called WiimoteScripts, open that
Now find the file "Wiimote Mouse 0.1.PIE"
Open it

Now if it all seems in order, click run; Move the Wiimote around a bit and if your mouse moves , it works if it doesn't..... well you get the picture, try again

and i wrote ALL of this, so this is not a leech like some other people do......

although i really should have..... lol

I have IR working, ill have to write a seprate tut for that.... cause this one you can do WITHOUT a Wii the other requires one...

What you can do with this:
The program GlovePIE lets you customize all the buttons, you can use your numchuck with this, and set all the buttons to do different tasks from Launching your media player, to controlling the volume, to anything you can think of really.
This turns any PC into a Media Center of sorts, although you have to have some programing skills (not much) to set all this up, it is fairly straight forward.

I wrote a script today that lets you use the LEDS at the bottom as a Battery meter of sorts (and yes i wrote it from scratch)

Anyway, enjoy. (Believe it or not this is the updated guide  Wink)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 08:20:45 PM by GamezR2EZ » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: