Softmod Depot
April 25, 2024, 10:21:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DVD Playback On Wii  (Read 4986 times)
Ricochet
Technical Support Team
Jr. Modder

-]c[0]re[-

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2007, 08:53:21 PM »

Homebrew Goodness for the Wii

August 22nd, 2007 - One of the Nintendo Wii’s few criticisms is it’s inability to play DVD movie disks. Since development there has been speculation Nintendo would enable DVD playback in future released consoles, or possibly through a firmware update downloadable from the Wii Shop Channel. Fortunately Wii owners who have modchips that support Dual Layer DVDs can start enjoying watching their DVDs on their consoles.

Instructions:

Burn with clone CD, Boot in modded wii with homebrew based
mod programmed with YOASM 1.8 (I used a wii-boss).
When menu comes up then the hit “z” to unmount, change disc to DVD movie and hit “start” to play.

Download: Team Symbiote Wii DVD Player Beta 1.0
[http://dl.qj.net/Wii-DVD-Player-beta-1.0-Wii-Homebrew/pg/12/fid/14330/catid/526]

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 08:56:04 PM »

yeah im waiting for a hack that doesnt require buring the dvd
hopefully some thin that just plays one through like a memory card hack again that would rock
Ricochet
Technical Support Team
Jr. Modder

-]c[0]re[-

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 09:25:07 PM »

time will tell my friend, ill just sent an email to frank, and gorge some of the main topic posters that get the info before me, to see if there is anything on that

Nittanys1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 11:27:07 PM »

Has a better way to play DVDs been discovered?

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 11:40:05 PM »

Yup, i posted this way back when the Twilight Hack wasnt out (or wasnt as known mabye idk)

youll need the DVDx stub installer and a media player

i suggest MPlayer

that page has install instructions, but remember to get the DVDx stub (google it if you have to)

i am writing a guide for the install process but im busy programming my restore app to, which is not coming along as quick as i would have hoped.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: