Softmod Depot
April 28, 2024, 06:31:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox360 Linux 3D Acceleration and Xenkit X11 Support  (Read 2760 times)
Ricochet
Technical Support Team
Jr. Modder

-]c[0]re[-

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2007, 08:36:47 PM »

Finally, some good news for you Xbox360 Linux users!

Tmbinc released the initial version of his linux ‘gpu’ library for Xbox360 on x226.org:

Triangles on the 360, MANY OF THEM - about 40 million per second, or even more if you write clever code. (But this is not a depth of field, just a blurry screenshot Wink

I finally polished my GPU stuff far enough so I can risk a release. You need to compile your shaders, so you need Tser’s shader compiler (which uses part of the windows XNA libraries).

So, without further words: gpu-0.0.3.tar.gz and romextract-0.0.1.tar.gz (to extract the required ucodes from flash). Have fun!

Ok, some further words: I didn’t implemented any standard API yet, right now, the functions are on a very low level, directly above the hardware. Just take a look at gpu.c, and try to understand the example code. Then you should be able to do something more.

You might also be interested in xenkit, which is based on gpu, and adds X11 support and some demos.

This is good news, compared to the PS3 scene, where you have no acceleration at all. 40 million triangles per second is not even half of what the original Xbox does (100M+), but this is a definite step forward for the Emulation community, faster graphics = better product.

source= www.xbox360-hacks.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: