Softmod Depot
April 28, 2024, 01:28:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft Windows SP3 and other updates  (Read 27070 times)
GamezR2EZ
« on: September 20, 2007, 12:59:06 PM »

well its official that Service Pack 3 is coming out, just not when (sorry  Undecided ill update that later)

but im my searhing process i did come across a site for all you offline users of XP
its got all the offline files for updating a computer with SP2 to the latest patches from Media player to Outlook to (of course) security updates

also it is the site that will let you know when SP3 is out and have a download link

so without further ado

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/index.html

this also contains Vista patches and various others items to

EDIT: this includes Framework 3.0 offline installer and DirectX 9.0c and all the other stuff Microsoft wont provide offline installers for
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 01:03:20 PM by GamezR2EZ » Logged
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 01:46:07 PM »

Hahahaha, dude, SP3 was been confirmed last year i think Tongue

Old crap, horrible attempt at news.
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 02:08:03 PM »

yeah, and some xp installers have "xp sp3" in them already, its not the official one, but it has all teh things the official one will have.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 05:32:30 PM »

Hahahaha, dude, SP3 was been confirmed last year i think Tongue

Old crap, horrible attempt at news.

wasnt an attempt at news, and it hasnt been comfirmed for more than 2 months, and the official one is what im talking about (yes snafu i have the torrent ones with SP3 built-in  Wink) still their is no news on the release date  Cry

but im glad i found a site with offline installers considering i have a pc thats never been online  Tongue

EDIT: also, nothing about it has been posted here, thats why i posted cause i have had SP3 (not official of course) for about a month also, and i wanted to have a topic for it here for when it does come out
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 05:47:58 PM by GamezR2EZ » Logged
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 06:20:39 PM »

Dude... It's not like making a new topic takes any effort
Falluccer
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 06:04:34 PM »

This is why I use linux....
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 07:08:36 PM »

This is why I use linux....

LINUX ROCKS!!!!!!
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 08:39:31 PM »

well linux has just as many software updates, linux is going to be as big as windows soon, but for the average joe, windows is easier, but for many people that use pc's alot, linux is a better choice then windows. but no os is better then any other i dont get why people say one is better then another.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 10:25:13 PM by Snafupossum » Logged

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 09:04:25 PM »

well linux has just as many software updates, linux is going to be as big as windows soon, but for the average joe, windows is easier, but for many people that use pc's alot, linux is a better choise then windows. but no os is better then any other i dont get why people say one is better then another.

CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP well said
you nailed my thougths exactally
Falluccer
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 08:22:21 PM »

Did I indeed say that I thought linux was better, no I said that is why I use it, I don't have to worry about service packs or unfinished versions. That and I have an old computer that runs linux nicely.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 08:55:08 PM »

Did I indeed say that I thought linux was better, no I said that is why I use it, I don't have to worry about service packs or unfinished versions. That and I have an old computer that runs linux nicely.

mmmmm hum, classic backtrack, only you forgot, WERE ONLINE i can look at youre other posts, lol
Falluccer
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 10:16:27 PM »

what the hell are you talking about?
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 05:55:07 PM »

febuary 08

I like tacos.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 08:09:42 PM »

what the hell are you talking about?

once again, i confuse a n00b
you speak in youre other post on this site that Vista is a waste, Windows sucks, Linux is the best, there is no other OS

now you change youre mind, personally i couldnt care less what you use

and Linux is one big UNFINISHED PROJECT, thats the whole point

so to me you sound like a guy trying to sound like he knows alot when you speak of Linux, but hey who cares what you use? this topic is about SP3 and not why you use Linux

febuary 08

thanx for staying on topic rattmansam, youre short posts are getting easier to uderstand,  Wink

i heard the Feburary range to, just not an exact release so if you have that please post it

Also, a copy of XP with intergrated update for September 2007 now includes DirectX lasted distro, so i think microsoft while incorprate DirectX now, bout time if you ask me
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 07:22:58 PM »

I'm dualing Ubuntu 7.04 and Vista but i have to say i use Vista alot more.

Of course OS'es are better than eachother! Your sayin 95 and xp are the same? FreeBSD and Vista?

HAHA.

Different OS'es are better for different people but since nobody has a grasp on everything they think there own OS is better.

Its all a mental thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: