Softmod Depot
April 26, 2024, 02:50:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: softmod!?  (Read 14504 times)
xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2007, 04:18:57 PM »

To me, I think all this modding and softmodding are getting old. As people are getting a Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360.
Yea modding is really quite old. I don't even know when Softmodding was available or year started. But I found out about it in 2006. I have always wanted to softmod, I searched many websites about softmodding.

Including this site (with the red/black design). Unfortunately, the site was down and I couldn't download the softmoding files.

Finally late 2006...I softmodded my Xbox. It was great. It seems alot of people were into softmodding.
But now...people have died down with the softmodding and modding. I mean, you only get 2 or 3 people still asking about softmodding.
This forum is merely down:/
I only see the same members post here...I don't see any other.
The fact is I havn't even visited this site in a long time!

Even pro modders who make firmware updates, skins and modding are quiting and moving on with their lives.

People mainly focus on XBMC, but now you don't see new skins available lately. You just get users with problems complaining in the XBMC forum.

Is this the end of the Xbox!?
I suppose most of you have seen the Xbox Mini. A guy at Xbox Scene. Modified his Xbox, by massively shrinking the size of the Xbox, it just looks so damn good!

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=615937
If I have this, I will keep my Xbox.

What will you do with your Xbox!? since the 7th gen systems are here. Sure you can still put it along side with the other consoles. But with that big size!?
Companies don't even make games for the system anymore.

I wonder what the future will be for modders.

Will you sell your Xbox?

Yea I would...as I have 2 now (since I havn't cured that *female dog* ass Error 16). And the new Xbox I have read games so slow. even I can't play some games on Live.
I will sell my Xbox, since the 360 can play Xbox Games. I will sell some of my games such as Unreal Championship. A great game, but its just looks like the crappy degraded version of UT2003. The game is great online, but no one ever plays it, even though you see 1 person playing it. They either hacked the game:/

Upgrading the RAM for the Xbox isn't popular. Having Mugen for the Xbox is great, but with the limited Ram, makes the game less interesting.
Mainly people just make backup disc or boot disc for the xbox.

Like I said before..is this the end of softmod/mod xbox?

www.youtube.com/xin0 222+ videos

Need to come up with a new Video Editing software, I am tired of Nero Vision 4:/

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 05:38:36 PM »

No.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 06:03:27 PM »

No.

agreed
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 07:22:26 PM »

well dont expect anything new in the mod scene for xbox, but for years to come people will still use them as media centers till either 360 plays more media formats, or sony lets all the system resources be released under linux. and "softmodding" isnt gone as 99.9% of modded psp's are modded by "softmodding". Also so far by the tiff exploits, it looks like ps3 is going in the same direction slowly and surely the same way as psp.

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 07:42:33 PM »

Im gettin a ps3.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 09:01:09 PM »

i have been in the hole Modding/softmoding for about 10 years   beeing the SegaCD My frist Mod
witch i really did not Mod it persay But just Burned games for it LOL

But Over the years i seen the Ups and Downs 

I am sure ppl will still Be into xbox 1 just for the fun of it and for a cheep Media center

Soon as 360 gets better programs and support it's going to Boom..

then just think about when the Ps3 gets a costume firmware or some kind of Hack

In short the Modding scene never dies just cools down for some time then Picks back up

what we need to do is Have our Newer systems updated  But for me thats Hard as i have No money to get systems and Modchips thats why i did the hole softmod in the first place

I am sure here the Hole Softmod scene will Boom soon as PS3 gets hacked =)
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 09:11:27 PM »

;DSoftmodder 4 Live Grin

and Modding/Hacking game consoles will live, forever!!
xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 06:14:26 AM »

well dont expect anything new in the mod scene for xbox, but for years to come people will still use them as media centers till either 360 plays more media formats, or sony lets all the system resources be released under linux. and "softmodding" isnt gone as 99.9% of modded psp's are modded by "softmodding". Also so far by the tiff exploits, it looks like ps3 is going in the same direction slowly and surely the same way as psp.
I am not talking about softmod generally. I mean Xbox softmod

Need to come up with a new Video Editing software, I am tired of Nero Vision 4:/

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 09:33:27 AM »

well yea.. the Xbox 1 will die out sooner or later  just like every system befor it

some would say it's dead Now but for me it's still very much alive  Until the PS3 can play Dvix,Xvid,mkv,ogm etc etc  All the codec then i may never use my xbox agian

HELL if they could use windows on PS3 with full suport of the CPU i would not even use this PC anymore LOL

BUT i don't see that happening  Tongue
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 10:19:50 AM »

Man Xino, you depressed me. Whats cool about this site for instance, even if no one ever posts another forum post or news article  and even if no one ever is in IRC (which will eventually happen someday) This website just being online provides everyone exactly what they need to softmod. Think about this. It's 2007 and there are people still learning how to softmod their dreamcast, or gameboy advance. I think long after the 'movement' people will find benefit and there will always be someone who wants to learn about it.

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 11:29:36 AM »

I WILL ALWAYS BE IN THE IRC CHANNEL!!!
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 12:40:32 PM »

i didnt know anything about softmodding my xbox until March of this year, and in 2 years when someone gets on and says "i cAn softmod an xBOX!?!?!?" this site will be here with all the files and post to help them do that

they are just now hacking consoles such as the Wii 360 and PS3 to be up to the level of complete openness as the xbox 1 is now, eventually they will be simple softmods for tose consoles, but they are going to be up and down cause They come out in lets say 06 and dont get softmodded till 08, then they explode with apps that same year, then a new one is out in 09, same process

but hey we talk about more han just soft mods on this site, and yes the xbox is softmodded out, i will give you that, but not the 360

everything moves on
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 01:50:40 PM »

I'll be at SMDepot for a good while because I'm skipping 7th gen consoles.

But the first 8th gen console released WILL be mine.
xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 05:06:08 PM »

hmmm..ok

Can someone tell me the difference between softmodded 360 & XBox!?

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 05:08:07 PM »

Damn... You cant softmod a 360
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: