Softmod Depot
April 27, 2024, 09:20:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: xbox 360 worth your money??  (Read 8922 times)
w00t220
« on: December 31, 2005, 02:54:56 PM »

do you think xbox 360 is worth your money? why, why not
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 10:00:39 PM »

Not even close to Worth My Money

for over 400$ i better get a system with No errors or sraching Of my CDs
w00t220
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 05:13:04 PM »

well bill gates says its worth it lol
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 10:45:19 PM »

it's worth someone elses money, just so i can hack it up and figure it out.
but I have small dollars that holla mcdeal value meals.
funk-a-360
it dont even come wiff fries!

BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

ilikeggs485
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 05:13:25 AM »

it is for me.  the biggest reason is because i really wanna see what halo 3 is like. other than that.....

1.wireless controllers is a battery eater(i need those rechargable ones...)
2.freezes only if you play for a long time. Dead or alive froze once after playing 8 hours straight. but halo 2 has not froze yet even though i played it much longer. I think it is because doa is a much biiger load than halo 2.
3.scratches only if you move it while powered on. you cannont get your money back if you do scratch it. Obligation..
4.I live in japan for military causes.. thefore, i get paid to live outside the u.s.(quite a bit actually)
5.the detachable hard drive is bull. it is too bulky yet it can only hold 20g. i have a usb hard drive that is 3x smaller than the 360's and it too can hold 20g..
6.only good game so far is doa(i love fightering games like tekken)
7. if you take a usb cord and cut off the male end and attach it to a xbox controller S's cord, then you can us the old xbox controller with the 360--(theory)
8. headset that comes with it isn't very good. the original xbox headset it much better but it is not compatible with the new controller.. but if my theory is right then you might be able to use the old headset!!!!
9. i have problems turning it off, the button to turn it off doesn't resond if you push it in the center. you have to push the side of the power button to make it respond.
10. you can turn on/off the console from your controller
11. when playing original xbox games, the resolution is much crisper. Too me its too crisp. i dont like that.
12. I can't play Counter-strike on it!!! not yet at least. you can e mail the people reprogramming old xbox games to be capatible with the 360. you email them what game you would like them to reprogram and they put it on a list.
13. the converter is a joke.. it is nearly as heavy as the 360..it is 8x3x3 inches
14. i have gotten no errors.

thats all the stuff i could think of. I have had the 360 for 2 months.. so everything i just typed.. i found out recently. i hope those facts help you.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 05:15:17 AM by ilikeggs485 » Logged
Falluccer
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 08:10:30 PM »

well bill gates says its worth it lol

Since when does bill gates or microsoft truly care about its customers. Bill gates is a piece of carp.

As for the 360, it isn't worth the money, i my opinion a modded xbox is just as good as a 360 or better.
Torob
Jr. Modder

Fuckin Best

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 11:35:37 PM »

360 is crap, including all other consoles, why?
because not only does it take 200-400 dollars?HuhHuhHuh
because all it can do, is.... yes play games, w/ 400 dollars i can get a pretty decent computer that not only can play games, but it can surf the net, email, music, movies etc.
add a little to that, you can even do more
now why you think im here?
well i got xbox, becuz , well i didnt, my bro did...
and scince i have it, well y not come here and enjoy Cheesy lol
anyways, i never incouraged byin consoles, just not worth it, but i might think of buyin 2 ps3's to sell 1 on ebay for uberly high amount of money and keep my other one, becuz the one i sold will pay for the other, so i basicly get it for free.. anyway....
yea...

w00t220
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 06:56:40 AM »

heh modded xbox does everything i need it to do anyway... i wanna get a ps3 though
RandomCTG
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 04:16:25 AM »

I'll wait till the new Xbox (ELITE) comes.

Say, when will it be released?
timmay1215
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 09:35:34 AM »

its already out... but don't waste your money on that it's not much better and when they sell out they are moving the hdd or something to the premium if you want it black just paint it or buy a case and tell people its a elite lol
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 07:25:24 PM »

the only good thing about the elite is the hdmi, but you would need a good hd screen with good contrast ratio to even notice the difference as thats all hdmi does thats a noticable difference is the contrast because its a old v1.1 hdmi that m$ added to the 30 just to say they had it. but the ps3 has hdmi v1.3 which has almost twice the bandwidth potential as hdmi v1.1. i saw if you realy want the elite and have the money get it, otherwise get a premium and if you want black, buy a new case or paint it. you can also buy the 120gig drive that comes with the elite in stores if you realy want it.

RandomCTG
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 07:58:19 PM »

Thanks Timmy and Snafu.

I will think about it now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: