Softmod Depot
April 27, 2024, 08:54:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: !!!UNBRICK YOUR PSP!!!  (Read 11823 times)
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2007, 09:48:16 PM »

Thats right straight from www.psp-hacks.com guys read along and be amassed, im quoting the hole thing straight from them so if theirs any problem with that let me know(admins' edit it). (I mean they said share and enjoy)

VV link to the Official Source VV
Pandora’s Battery - Universal PSP Unbricker
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Right after we posted about Fanjita’s upcoming PSP unbricker for those that bricked their PSP with a bad copy of the M33 custom firmware, Fanjita and his crew upped the ante releasing a program that UNBRICKS ALL SONY PSPs.  Wow a strong kudos goes out for this one.  No longer will we need to ship bricked PSP’s off to Sony to have them fixed for a cost.

We told you that we’d be releasing an unbricker for the M33 bricks.  But then we got to thinking, maybe that just wouldn’t be exciting enough.
Would you like a super special surprise bonus?  How about an unbricker for ALL PSPs?  Yep, you read that right.  We call it “Pandora’s Battery”.

There’s a larger story behind this unbricker, though, and it deserves to be told.  It’s the culmination of years of behind-the-scenes research and development by some of the top names in PSP hacking, under the name of the Prometheus project.  This group of people, from various development teams, was dedicated to developing and releasing PSP hacks and exploits, with the aim of improving the status of PSP homebrew, and making sure that it was kept alive.

As always you can grab this file from our psp downloads area or by clicking here.  For all the details from Fanjita check this out

Share and Enjoy

EDIT: Heres a very nice tut At psp-hacks.com showing how to use it with pics and step by step instructions
http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=107068&p=1
Thanks chipx from psp-hacks.com!

Quote from DarkPacMan77
Bring the battery back to normal.

1. turn psp off
2. plug in ac cord
3. turn psp on
4. plug in jig kick battery
5. load battery tool
6. choose option "[]" (square)
7. battery should be normal again.
Source From psp-hacks.com
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 09:13:40 AM by Snipes101 » Logged
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:28:53 PM »

Punk I was frist On this LOL i did the News about it  Smiley
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 11:21:36 PM »

Well im no admin or mod so thats cool, a post is just as good as the main page news ahahahahah jk
but man i wanna brick my psp so i can try it out Tongue wat about u Zzk you must have the same feeling?
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 11:57:21 PM »

kick ass, ima try this on my bricked psp when i get a chance, butfrom what i read from the instructions, you need 2 psp's, the bricked one and one witha custom firmware on it? and the one with the custom firmware is the one you use to modify the battery and memory stick. whats funny is, its a psp unbricker yet, you dont need a bricked psp by the requirements lol, but they did label this and a downgrader as well. maybe this is the final new way to downgrade psp's for good? Have any of yall heard of anyone being able to downgrade un-downgradable firmwares with this?

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 12:29:07 AM »

Well from all the commotion at psp-hacks it seem to work and as for your question of this being a permit way of downgrading idk they mentioned it as well but no one yet with  results
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 01:31:52 AM »

NEVER mind yes it has been tested and it dose work as a downgrader and unbricker so use it how ever u want with no more stress where or not its going to brick

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 04:00:17 AM »

i bet id be good at bricking...

Id say someone got the official sony crap and hacked it up.

other than that, this is pretty cool!
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 08:06:50 AM »

sweet now i can start buying bricked PSP of of Ebay
but you still need 2 PSP's from my understanding right?
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 10:25:17 AM »

wait a second what if you update your psp and brick it by turning it off then do this method?Huh will you be able to downgrade the 3.52 firmware?

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 12:12:25 PM »

well from what i can tell, you mod it to where, it starts the boot at the right voltage to flash the psp, and it will look at the memory stick for the flash files and boot up the custom brick downgrader software they made, thats my theory on how it works, and that should work on all firmwares, so it should work on 3.52. but im not going to test that one Wink . But dont you just have to have over 75% battery now to run the official updates? I thought they mad it to where you cant brick it like that now.

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 12:25:03 PM »

snafu you could always do the old rip the battery out thing

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 12:50:43 PM »

snafu you could always do the old rip the battery out thing

True but my question is their a way to make the battery go back to normal?!
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 02:37:03 PM »

what i would do is just Buy a battery  Mod it then thats That

No need for 2 psp's Just two batterys
Unless you only have the one bricked psp

what every one will start doing is getting bricked psp off ebay and Unbricking them then selling them back for 120$ or more LOL

REQUIREMENTS
- A spare PSP Battery. Any make will do. Using a spare is best, as it
  will not be possible to boot the PSP in its normal state with the
  modified battery.
- A spare Memory Stick Pro Duo of less than 4Gb. (256Mb should be
  enough for all applications).
- A PSP with a Custom Firmware such as OE, M33 or WC, or a PSP with
  the 1.5 original kernel.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 02:44:01 PM »

n/m on the e-Bay.  ppl are selling Unbricking Kits for 120$ LOL and the Dumb ppl Who bricked there PSP's think there worth 80$  wtf... i can get a used Working PSP for 120$ or less
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 07:53:15 PM »

i checked ebay a while back, nothing good either just 5 listings really, i could find more but the price range i was hoping for was 20-40, like ive said im cheap  Grin
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: