Softmod Depot
April 28, 2024, 12:56:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Directory Troubles on Xbox  (Read 4877 times)
Un4givingSlayer

The Iron Man

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2007, 12:42:41 PM »

Okay... this a problem i've yet to see in a forum. Hopefully someone can help me out with this. I'm not a "COMPLETE" noob, but i'm no expert either.... Here it goes....

I've got 2 softmodded xbox. They were both modded with Krazie's Ndure Installer.... And the are "BOTH" using UnleashX. The 1st xbox has an 80GB hard drive and has no problems... The problem is with the second xbox, which has a 160GB hard drive....

Okay, when i burn a game in my GOOD xbox, the files go into F:\Games\. which is where it's supposed... When i burn a game in the second xbox.... It creates the 'Games' directory like it's supposed to, but the directory for the game can also be found in the F:\ drive, outside if the 'Games' directory....

It get worse... When i go into F:\Games, It looks exactly like the root F:\ drive. SO in other words, F:\Games\ contains another 'Games' directory and and directory for the game i burned in the hard drive....

It's still gets worse.... It seems that there is a never-ending 'Games' directory. When i keep going into games, i get F:\Games\Games\Games\Games\Games\..... and they all look like the root F:\....

Even if i delete everything and create the 'Games' directory myself, it still happens. More 'Games directories are created within each other automatically. It also happens if I FTP too.....

I'm not sure what's wrong here. It won't let me delete the 'Games' directory unless I delete the game first.... I tried Uninstalling the Softmod and doing it over. I also checked my settings and they're the same as my other Xbox (which doesn't have this problem).....

PLEASE HELP ME! I'm stummped.... I want to thank u guys in advance...

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 01:04:59 PM »

what are you using to rip the games?

Un4givingSlayer

The Iron Man

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 01:13:21 PM »

I'm just using UnleashX. I go to 'System'>'Misc'>'Copy Game Disc'....

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 02:08:33 PM »

format F: then use DVD2Xbox to rip games from Disc to HDD
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 11:24:09 PM »

I'm just using UnleashX. I go to 'System'>'Misc'>'Copy Game Disc'....

That works but i wouldnt use that use DVD2XBOX like Zzk said  Grin
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 05:33:42 PM »

erm try using xbox media center

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: