Softmod Depot
April 28, 2024, 05:17:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FTP over internet, again  (Read 7817 times)
GamezR2EZ
« on: August 24, 2007, 10:49:51 AM »

Guys should a password change be nessicary? that is if your box is connected to the internet
could you just FTP peoples eeprom.bin of peoples xbox's over the internet with the IP 192.168.1.1\2 (1 and 2) and password xbox

seems to me that this isnt smart to stay the same password
anyway i dont like the idea of people being able to do that, it is possible right? i am ok with networking and i did it to my neighbors modded xbox (i modded it for her so i already have the eeprom just wanted to see if i could) so over the internet should be easy to, espicially since the eeprom copy doesnt reuire alot of up time

what do you guys think can thisx be done with relative ease? or am i just paranoid?
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 11:09:15 AM »

ok if you want to ftp to an xbox from a different network you just need to forward 21 to the xbox.

definatly change the password and if you want to serve more than a file or 2 with your friends take out everything that isnt nessesary and use some form of logging.

A simple unleashx dash without anybackups still on the hdd, rar everything and do a check on the files at least once a day because you cant restrict users on the xboxes ftp server (filezilla server) and they cud easily delete some C: and mabey E:/dash.

but that isnt very smart to do so if you want to prove your concept just put a few files on there for some people to see. But if you realy want to have an xbox as a proper ftp server definatly setup linux on there and use that as it is more secure.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 11:51:02 AM »

HAha mine isn't xbox xbox 21 any more it tottly something diffrent cause i had the same idea hahah i did to my friends too; i logged on to his xbox from my house ahahah i didn't do anything, but just to know that some could do it to mine i changed every thing know i have my own little firewall on my xbox Smiley
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 11:54:32 AM »

i made an xox EEPROM creator that makes valid eeproms (thanks to some of the original source code from from an unnamed source, you know who you are  Wink) and i sell them for 5 dollars a pop on ebay, or a least i did till ebay shut me down, but i had a good run i sold at least 50  Grin free money  Grin Grin Grin
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 12:09:00 PM »

Hahahah for people who got banned off XBL eghhh  ahahah o well
any way for people out their that dont want people jacking in to their xbox just change the settings on you dash

As for people on XBMC just edit the Filezilla Server.xml in notepad  located in XBMC-->system-->FileZilla Server.xml, just edit the user name and then FTP over to the xbox then change the password on the XBMC it self, thats wat i did and it worked
realg123
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 04:27:59 PM »

It wont work for me, I send my friend the ftp info, and he said he couldnt get in? Is there anything specific I need to do?
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 05:51:19 PM »

Hummmmm were u using Unleash X as the dash cause if you were, set the number of users allowed into the xbox to like 2-3 u know; and make sure u and him use it on unleash x dash

VVVVVThis is using Unleash X dashVVVVV
Now try this go back to xbox #1(your friends xbox realg123) and go the File Explorer, tap the R trigger to go to the right of the File Box

Then hit the WHITE action button, a screen should come up, then scroll down to "Switch to FTP Browser..." and hit A

Don't worry now the right box should be blank, then hit the WHITE action button again, this time chose "Quick Connect"

Now just type in the IP of xbox #2( being realg123) in the "Address" section and your all good to go

Im sure you've messed around in the File Explorer so its all the same, the WHITE action button still dose all the commands, just make sure when you Hit "Transfer" you stay on the right side File Box cause that xbox #2's files you need

Im sure this should work peace
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 05:53:58 PM by Snipes101 » Logged
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 06:17:40 PM »

first, people would have to know your external ip address, not the 192.168.1.3 or w/e. second, it is harder to setup a xbox to be used as a external ftp box, eaiest way is with xbmc and certain settings, even then, you have to worry about your isp blocking ftp ports and what not.

realg123
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 07:31:46 PM »

snipes i know how to transfer from one xbox to the other, i wanted to know if my friend could access my xbox from his computer, and transfer from that
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 10:44:14 PM »

first, people would have to know your external ip address, not the 192.168.1.3 or w/e. second, it is harder to setup a xbox to be used as a external ftp box, eaiest way is with xbmc and certain settings, even then, you have to worry about your isp blocking ftp ports and what not.

Hummmm dont know, let me think on this ok
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 06:18:07 AM »

try a port in the higher range if your isp blocks 21.
Forward whatevery port your using to the xbox'es ip from your router.
change your password.
your never realy safe because people can hack the xbox (its what this forum is about isnt it?)

kinda pointless...
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 01:35:10 PM »

Yeah wat Yachi Said dude i think i used port 69 lol for when me and my friend were FTPing over but if your doing it through your friends computer then yeah try a different port and Username and Password give it a shot
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: