Softmod Depot
April 28, 2024, 03:49:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to FTP an ISO with long file names?  (Read 4538 times)
evilmike
« on: July 30, 2007, 03:06:26 AM »

Here's the deal...I have the Big Ass Emulator.iso and from what I've read you can't FTP it straight over to the XBOX because some of the file names are longer then "allowed". I've also read that you can truncate those file names with a batch renamer.

The problem I'm having is the batch renamers that I've found only rename the ISO itself and not the files within the ISO. I've found baRenameX, but I can't find anywhere to d/l it.

I guess what I'm getting at is there a way to rename the files within an ISO to make it so I can FTP it and have it playable with no problem??? And what programs do I need to make that possible?

Any and all help will be appreciated.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 03:19:44 AM »

you will need to use a Xiso program to Extracted the .iso to Pc then change the file names to 40 or less Characters

jon182
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 09:43:49 AM »

Or you could burn it onto a dvd, then copy it onto your hard drive with DVD 2 xbox, which will rename the bigger file names for you.
evilmike
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 02:39:25 PM »

Thanks for the help.

I would have burned the .iso to dvd but my pc is ancient and doesn't have a dvd burner, but if I did I would have done that because it would have saved me alot of headache.

One more question: When I change the file names to 40 or less characters should I just delete all the characters until I reach 40 or less or is there more to this because it sounds too simple to be true.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 03:35:32 PM »

like jon182  said you can just use DVD2Xbox and it will rename it for you

and yea it's that easy =)
jon182
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 03:25:10 AM »

One more question: When I change the file names to 40 or less characters should I just delete all the characters until I reach 40 or less or is there more to this because it sounds too simple to be true.

Thats all you need to do Wink oh, and the the 40 characters includes the file extention too
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: