Softmod Depot
April 25, 2024, 11:16:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: xbox motherboard help!  (Read 4117 times)
z4ch_d1zzl3
« on: July 16, 2007, 07:59:56 PM »

well i recently started a new project... i was putting a xbox into a computer case... just for fun and to use as a media center... when i ran into a problem... i hooked it all up and had it ready for paint... then i tested it and the mother board turns on and off 3 times... then stays on ... and when it stays on nothng appears on my tv its just black... i dont know what to do.. i somehow fried my backup motherboard so i cant use that one.. can anyone tell me what i can do to fix this problem?
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 02:53:36 AM »

sounds like your xbox bios has gone out.
the only fix for it is to chip it.
I have helped people in the past with the same problem, the were cleaning house and vacumed right in front of the xbox ad killed it. Static may have currupted the bios or it was just time for it to go.
It even happens to non-modded xboxes, so it's not your fualt that it went out, It's just a little bad luck.

hope this helps
BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 06:07:42 AM »

thats why they have they metal sheild around the whole case on the inside, to keep things like that from happening most of the time. It might be that you didn't ground yourself to release all the access static electricity from your body, and a little shock hit the board when you touched it and did like what boost said, probably erased/corrupted the bios.

z4ch_d1zzl3
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 03:16:34 AM »

well atleast i know what happened lol i made a mistake when i first pluged it up lol... oh well guess ill buy a new mobo for my project lol... ty again guys
IId3fi13rII
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 07:20:17 AM »

sounds like a pretty sweet project z4ch_

tell us how it goes man..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: