Softmod Depot
April 29, 2024, 08:14:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacked?  (Read 7559 times)
K2skata
« on: July 08, 2007, 10:09:00 AM »

Well I woke up this morning and hopped on my computer like useal. To my surprise when I turned my moniter on there was a logon screen where I had to enter my password which is nothing. So I simply hit enter. I though maybe Windows just logged off or somthing. Usealy its just the blue welcome to windows. So I go start > All programs and it says none! But the little popup thing came up and said New Programs Installed. I couldn't open up any programs or Ctrl Alt Delete window. I was trying to open up peer guardian to see what had been allowed but couldn't get that to open. So I did a hard reboot and was back to normal.

Last night I ran a  Ad-Aware Scan and a A-Squared Scan with nothing but trace cookies. And from what I know Avast on Accsess scanner that scans everything coming in didn't find anything ethier.

I havn't been able to moniter my CPU usage do to the face that i'm always playing flight sim that usealy uses 90-100% CPU.

Whats the chances of it being the government watching me? And do any of those copyright protection agencys have anything to do with this?

On a final note, I've been getting hit pretty good with range scans. Is there a good way I could crack down on it with Peer Guardian?

Skata
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 07:56:34 PM »

sounds like just a virus, i had one that sounds just about the same on my old laptop, governmnet dont rly give a care about the normal pc users petty thefts like pirateing movies or games, just like wal-mart wont charge you with theft if you steal anything under $20. but yeah, to me it sounds ust like a virus.

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 10:15:57 PM »

AVG!
xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 04:57:02 PM »

Well I woke up this morning and hopped on my computer like useal. To my surprise when I turned my moniter on there was a logon screen where I had to enter my password which is nothing. So I simply hit enter. I though maybe Windows just logged off or somthing. Usealy its just the blue welcome to windows. So I go start > All programs and it says none! But the little popup thing came up and said New Programs Installed. I couldn't open up any programs or Ctrl Alt Delete window. I was trying to open up peer guardian to see what had been allowed but couldn't get that to open. So I did a hard reboot and was back to normal.

Last night I ran a  Ad-Aware Scan and a A-Squared Scan with nothing but trace cookies. And from what I know Avast on Accsess scanner that scans everything coming in didn't find anything ethier.

I havn't been able to moniter my CPU usage do to the face that i'm always playing flight sim that usealy uses 90-100% CPU.

Whats the chances of it being the government watching me? And do any of those copyright protection agencys have anything to do with this?

On a final note, I've been getting hit pretty good with range scans. Is there a good way I could crack down on it with Peer Guardian?

Skata
hmmm...
probably a virus and spyware I pressume
Because Spyware could block access to Ctrl+Al+Del so does viruses...

download this program: Zone Alarm. One of the best...because it monitors any and every single activity done!   and asks you someone or something is making a change...you can accept of deny it.

my theory is that you have a spyware. That spyware must have restarted your pc. So when you get to the online screen...and log in. You will be connected to the internet, giving the spyware access to your pc.
Or might just be a virus...because most know viruses are just ones that changes your homepage, changes the background or popup appearing.

And it has nothing to do with government watching you.

www.youtube.com/xin0 222+ videos

Need to come up with a new Video Editing software, I am tired of Nero Vision 4:/

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 06:44:51 PM »

ok, the other day i had downloaded a thankyou.rar from RS for a guy thatgave a sweet d/l and he had put an .exe in it to bulk it up a bit.

so i decided fuckit...i scanned it with everting i have (avg, avga-s, ad-aware and sypbots&d) and i found nothing. i ran the exe and nothing seemed to be happening till i tried to delete it...it wudnt co-operate.

i rebooted hoping something wud be different and its was...i cudnt open task manager (ctrl shift and esc on vista) so i was preety  fucked.

all you gotta do is delete the file thats pissin you off, but yoiu cant delete a running exe can you?...yes you can.

just get yourself a cmd and task manager close explorer.exe and use the cmd to navigate to and delete the running file. then just get your task manager, hit file run explorer.exe and watch as your stuff comes back to  normall.

i had zone alarm once and it pissed me off till it "cleaned" the c drive...its fuckin formated it...vista has uac(user acount controll) you can turn it off if you are safe enuf but it stop you from runnin suspicious things accidently

mabey the goverment thinks yoiur training to be a pilot to go crash into a country and the dont like it...
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 06:41:07 PM »

or just use nod32, it uses minimal system resource, the least ive seen from any firewall/spyware/adware/virus program ive seen, and its worked the best for me, but im also triple firewalled as well, 2 in my router, and 1 in my pc.

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 02:30:11 AM »

why?.....idiot...
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 09:00:04 AM »

to access the ctrl+alt+delete function i created a shortcut on my destop to the task manager located (on XP) %SystemRoot%\system32\taskman.exe (i dont remember the exact exe name, i know that aint it but the icon should appear) thats one problem

next (again if running XP) log out (to get to the login screen your may have to hit ctrl+alt+delete twice) and type Administrator as your username and nothing as your password (unless you set a password) and see if your programs are there or if you get any virus warnings

just a thought
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 12:48:18 PM »

maybe the government thinks you're training to be a pilot to go crash into a country and the dont like it...
it's what osama used...

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 06:21:23 PM »

some systems will do that and it has happend to me just restart

I like tacos.

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 05:15:03 AM »

maybe the government thinks you're training to be a pilot to go crash into a country and the dont like it...
it's what osama used...

teenage yanks?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: