Softmod Depot
April 28, 2024, 08:11:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installer Disk  (Read 5536 times)
realg123
« on: June 04, 2007, 08:53:06 AM »

I have a question. I would like to create an installer disk. Containg emulators with roms, and also I would like to have applications such as XBMC. Is there a way to create an installer disk, also if there is, will it allow me to choose which partation I can install the emulators in also the applications.

Second question, is there any good websites I could download Cps2, and Cps1 games.

Thanks in advance
drfweega
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 09:00:52 AM »

You can either make an installer disc like mine or zzk's. zzk's is a lot newer than mine so you might want to start there depending on what you want. You could just modify the coding from either one of our discs and change it to do whatever you want.

CPS-1 & CPS-2 games can be categorized under MAME I think... although that is just a guess. Most of those games that came out for cps-1 & 2 can be found on SNES and Genesis if you really want them that badly.

Hope that helps you out a little bit.
realg123
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 09:14:13 AM »

Thanks for the reply, where would i get the coding from. You see I have 3 rom packs one for snes, one for nes, and one for sega genesis all containting about 700+ games. And I have some applications, when I mod peoples system, I want to add all these things in, thats why I would like to create and installer disk. Do I need to know programming for the coding?
drfweega
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 01:06:03 PM »

To get the coding all you have to do is look at the coding of one of your favorite dashboards then just place in the correct code that tells that dash to send files to certain locations. If you look at the config.xml in zzk's installer cd or the evox.ini in mine you can see what I'm talking about.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 02:58:35 PM »

like Dr Fweega  was saying Just look at the .xml in the Install Cd  and you'll see how it Works

It's really easy Just takes alot of time do do And Make sure All words are spelled right  As 1 miss spell will make it Not work

what all i did what use UnleshX and change the .XML to what i want =)

to save space i rar the Files and set a ectracted command in the .xml
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 06:57:26 PM »

he rared with winrar 2.0 so unleash can open it. its kinda hard to find but i have it Wink just ask...
realg123
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 01:05:48 PM »

Yachi I cant use the newest winrar? could  you send me winrar 2.0 then:)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 03:02:55 PM »

don't Know why you think i used winrar 2.0 But i did not  Undecided
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 03:35:21 AM »

then what did you use? cos unleash doesnt open higher than 2.0

Quote from: yourwishismine link=http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=166306
...10) Zip/Unzip/Unrar(.rar v2.0 format only) files from your xbox.
Supports extracting from XIP files (except xm files). Now you can
check the contents of the xip files that came with the XBOX
without leaving it....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: