Softmod Depot
April 26, 2024, 12:29:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hooking up an external hard drive  (Read 4048 times)
jdogg69
« on: April 07, 2007, 02:47:41 AM »

I just purchased one of those xbox usb cables and I was wondering if i can hook up any kind of usb storage device to my xbox. I am not interested in using a usb key as a memory card, i just want to be able to play movies off of it. Also can i hook up an external hard drive through usb to my xbox to stream movies and music? also will any games work with a keyboard and mouse? I am currently using the latest t3ch release of XBMC as my dash.

thanks
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 04:26:04 AM »

im pretty sure you can stream movies and music, but you cant play games off of the external, steel battalion might be the only game that could use the keyboard and mouse, not 100% sure.

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 05:02:24 PM »

i dont tinku can use an external as an active drive(as in stream frm it). u can store stuff till u want to use it! im not too shure but if ure usin linux u can stream.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 11:12:38 AM »

when you Hook up a USB storage device  AKA  memstick and or HDD USB you can Place anything on it Just like your xbox HDD  the Only thang you Can't put on it I would think is a Xbox Game (Not tested it ) But i am 99% sure you can't run a Game off a USB HDD storage device

As for Moives and Music   Yes they can be Put on the USB HDD storage device and be Played from XBMC
jdogg69
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 02:33:23 PM »

thanks for the reply, i got the cable and I can confirm that u can watch movies off a usb key in XBMC. Make sure you don't boot up your xbox with it plugged in because it will format it to fatx and delete whatever files you had on it. only plug it in after XBMC has loaded. i havent tried an external hdd but i   would assume it work the same.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: