Softmod Depot
April 26, 2024, 07:03:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid Laptop Won't Turn ON!  (Read 6966 times)
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:03:41 PM »

hey everyone, ive got this old Dell Latitude laptop and so far it has been working great. but today i shut it down (the proper way) and when i turn it back ON, no dice. i mean i press the power button, then these 2 little lights come on (one for power i'm guessing and one has this cylinder icon) and stay on for a few seconds but then they just turn off and the laptop doesnt start.

Please click visual below...

ive tried everything. turning it on while the laptop is plugged in and when not. i tried replacing the battery... please, any help would be greatly appreciated. my laptop is basically my lifeline, well at least untill i fix this pc, i had to start the PC up in safe mode just so i could make this post. thanks in advance.

skip

« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 08:13:06 PM by skip2mylou » Logged

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 08:31:24 PM »

did you try to turn it on with the charger one prob your battery died

Clowd
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 01:56:32 AM »

hey everyone, ive got this old Dell Latitude laptop and so far it has been working great. but today i shut it down (the proper way) and when i turn it back ON, no dice. i mean i press the power button, then these 2 little lights come on (one for power i'm guessing and one has this cylinder icon) and stay on for a few seconds but then they just turn off and the laptop doesnt start.

Please click visual below...

ive tried everything. turning it on while the laptop is plugged in and when not. i tried replacing the battery... please, any help would be greatly appreciated. my laptop is basically my lifeline, well at least untill i fix this pc, i had to start the PC up in safe mode just so i could make this post. thanks in advance.

skip

Quote from: iNfAmOuSdumbass
did you try to turn it on with the charger one prob your battery died

learn to read...

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 06:20:37 AM »

its all good guys, thanks for the help. my charger is f'ed up, the wires are all shitty. i was fiddling for like 2 hours but finally it turned on. thanks for all the help.

Clowd
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 10:17:38 AM »

Well, good thing you got it working! i just got my laptop working again as well

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 10:41:55 AM »

eh clowd... u quoted yourself.
Clowd
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 09:52:03 PM »