Softmod Depot
April 28, 2024, 07:30:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: www.mods4xbox.com -  going too far?
Not Illegal - 2 (9.5%)
Kind of Questionable - 1 (4.8%)
Somewhat Questionable - 3 (14.3%)
Very Illegal - 4 (19%)
They're Screwed!! - 11 (52.4%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: How Illegal?  (Read 12015 times)
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2005, 07:43:13 AM »

I came accross this site the other day. Just curious what you guys think of it... Legally, Ethically, whatever. I personally was shocked when I saw it. I mean... Blatently pirating games for ALL to see. I mean. yeah, business is business, but geeze...  I dont' see how anyone would just throw that stuff up there....

from www.mods4xbox.com
"Are you tired of renting games just to have to return them?
Are you sick of paying $39.99-59.99 per game?
How would you like to get the most out of your XBOX?
How would you like to keep the games that you rent for FREE?
How would like NEVER to have to buy a game again?"

"We offer a WIDE variety of games!
*  You can pick up to 25 games to be added to your MODDED Xbox (Included in FEE)
*  Additional Games can be added to the XBOX for a cost of $2.00 per game.
*  If you do not see a game that you want, ask we probably have it!"

What do you guys think of that.... is it crossing the line? Do you think these guys are gonna get busted? It's just that... last I checked... it's ILLEGAL to pirate games... especially selling modded xbox w/ a load of pirated games on them. I mean.. if it were that easy... I'm sure we'd be selling a lot more Xbox's around here. Not that we even care that much about that. But still...

If your not interested / don't care... don't post. Smiley

Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 09:05:23 AM »

this is overboard.... I mean if you wanna give someone a game .... do what I did.. hahaa

dont advertize like an idiot and try to get busted

too brave or no sense??

anyways

NOT GOOD
NOT SMART
JUST BAD

Sig Built by BOOST

NOS---

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 09:45:36 AM »

That is bad... like they want to get caught.

I will answer you questions to my best ability!
jebus989
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 09:51:44 AM »

ouch imo thats not only illegal but is ruining the whole xbox shindig. If we want more developers to work for xbox then we should really quit ruining their businesses. But meh im just a kid who cant figure out mIRCs transfer file commands etc.

and also... GTA:SA seems temptin at only 2.85gb...

business is business
most of their pages have had like 1 or 2 views-- thats prolly us!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 09:59:42 AM by jebus989 » Logged
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 10:37:00 AM »

good point. I just like that phrase "Business is Business" makes me feel important. You know. I actually talked to this guy on the phone... asked him a few questions... could be too prying though.. I was at work. He told me "It doesn't matter as long as you don't pirate games" Then he told me to check out the page with the "25 FREE GAMES WITH XBOX PURCHASE" page. I just couldn't beleive it.

Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 05:06:36 PM »

ahhaha   honey bunches O tards.....

I love that cerial

Sig Built by BOOST

Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005, 01:41:42 AM »

well if we are the only ones that ever seen there site... then I guess they are ok Smiley

jsut giving us something to talk about and laugh at..

sometimes the stupidest things stike us as funny.

they are VERY funny

Sig Built by BOOST

FlareT
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 04:02:35 PM »

SPEACHLESS...

IF YOU MOD IT...THEY WILL COME!
kingyiff
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 01:38:25 PM »

that is beyond outrageous...
SPEACHLESS...
me too!
w00t220
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005, 10:16:42 AM »

there done for
kirchgoens09045
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 06:53:31 PM »

I sent the vendor mods4xbox@gmail.com $500 and two xBoxes for modding.  Two months later he has disappeared with both xBoxes and $500 in a credit card transaction.  He does not reply to emails, his phone numbers appear to have been disconnected, and portions of his website no longer function.  I can only assume that he was running a scam.  He can be found under the names "The Gamer Depot", "mods4xbox", and "Rob Schramm".  He claims to hail from Davenport, FL, and maintains a couple addresses:  one on "201 Kings Ridge Loop #400" in Davenport, and another on "7862 W. Irlo Bronson Highway, Box 7862" in Kissimmee, FL.

Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 11:42:40 AM »

man....!
I'm sorry to hear about your loss
we run things right around here.
SMD has done many xboxes modded and shipped, if you still want a good modded xbox get in touch with him.
also you can talk to any one of us in the chat room http://www.smdepot.net/irc/chat.php
hope we can help out.

BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

rdnck338
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 06:27:35 PM »

you know what i am going to laugh when they see what they are doing they will be screw dam fucking poser modders lol

it is very illegal

nick black
aka SMDSTINKY
XXFIERCEMODD3RXX
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2006, 07:50:29 PM »

THESE GUYS ARE GOING TO GET F*CKEN BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eeliottheking
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 06:54:02 PM »

THESE GUYS ARE GOING TO GET F*CKEN BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what he said times 2
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: