Softmod Depot
April 28, 2024, 08:33:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethernet Issue  (Read 4349 times)
DizzyThermal
« on: March 26, 2007, 12:55:28 PM »

Hey guys, my Xbox won't turn on and load to the XBMC dashboard nor the UnleashX dashboard unless the ethernet is unhooked...

If I plug the ethernet into my Xbox after I boot it I have to Soft boot (L+R+BACK+START) to get the ethernet to work...

Can someone tell me why it's doing this? Sad

Thanks in advance Cheesy
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 03:53:02 PM »

What are your network settings in these programs? Is it stalling because its too busy trying to connect when it can't? Are you using DHCP? Static? in your configs. I've never heard of this happening, but I'm guessing it might be having trouble getting a connection and it hangs.

DizzyThermal
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 03:59:18 PM »

but it works when I plug it in later and soft boot.. Sad
poppacherry
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 08:47:52 PM »

Sounds like a bad connection on your mobo. I would look around where the ethernet is plugged in and see if there are any burn marks.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 11:25:45 AM »

Me an Dizzy seem to get the same problems, probably cause we both used zzks all-in-one, or mabye its just UnleashX doesnt matter
though, just a tad annoying. 

Goto file explorer
E:\backups\eeprom\
in there you should find an  evoxdash.xbe  (yeah you can do this different ways, i got it working this way)
you should have 3 options
goto settings
scroll down until you find the "Clock" section
the 2 (second) option is set on yes, change it to no. (the option is named "jump to dash if link" or something like that)
save the settings
shut down
and plug it up
turn it on

You should get that warm fuzzy feeling when you do something and it works, worked for me
well it was annoying while it lasted
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: